Meat Ban in various states in India

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 27,797
As you may know some monks are on fast unto death to force an entire town to be veg.
25% of the town are Muslims
Gujarat govt may declare Palitana ‘veg-only’ zone

This is a violation of freedom of choice. If i am a meat eater can the govt or a community force me to be veg? I hope this is taken to court.
quote from them
"The monks thanked the officials, but expressed hope that the government would declare slaughtering and sale of other non-vegetarian food items an “anti-social activity”.
So i am an anti social if am a non vegetarian? This is 1984+brave new world on steroids.
Next will be ban alcohol. Haven't they learned from history that by banning you make it more appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man was a hunter & by default a meat-eater. So, by that, arent the meat eaters going further into their roots, i.e, more 1000s years ago..

invaded by meat eating people? More like invaded by self righteous bigots who think they are better because they dont eat meat. For the record, I don't eat meat much, but I don't make a big scene if some of my friends eat it with me. Its totally a non issue and any person with their priorities right would not get concerned over such trivial issues.
Vegan preachers seriously annoy me. You don't want to eat meat, absolutely f'ing FINE, i have no issues with that.. why do you want others to follow your path?

Making entire town pure Veg is not good. Instead they should make rule that non-veg and alcohol should not be allowed (sell or consume) within 100~200 m distance of any temple.
About some community monks roaming n@ked, few weeks back at some place place near my city, MNS MLA had filed case in police station after women from that area complained about sight of monks roaming in such condition making them feel awkward. Women cannot go out with their children due to such monks roaming around. Not sure what happened next about that complaint, whether police took any action or not.

Yup no alcho
SVK said:
Making entire town pure Veg is not good. Instead they should make rule that non-veg and alcohol should not be allowed (sell or consume) within 100~200 m distance of any temple.
I also agree no liquor establishments near places like schools,temples that will cause trouble to public.

amish said:
From the pictures. I dont think monks here were naked. They seem to be fully clothed.
So guys here are mixing things.
http://i4.dainikbhaskar.com/thumbnail/655x588/web2images/www.divyabhaskar.co.in/2014/06/24/3547_20140623150812232.jpg
I made comments because I saw in previous posts there were comments related to naked monks.
BTW I have actually seen Monks roaming in such condition at that part of city (in Maharashtra, not related to news of this thread) where complaint was made, and I personally felt very awkward.

The best part is they want all meat eating activity to be declared antisocial in other words like a serious crime..

don't force us to eat u veggie ppl! i am not above that. just saying.. there can be consequences 😛

On a serious note if jains dont eat meat then how can they force everyone to eat veg. I mean just imagine if we were forcing that mutton or pork down their throat. How would that feel ?

Its understandable if a pilgrim town is declared veg.Haridwar Shirdi etc are all veg only towns.But to declare a district veg for i days because someone has some festival is outright violation of my fundamental rights.This should be taken to court.This is pathetic.

Why does government even get into such issues in the first place? Aren't there bigger issues to take care of.. Think generally people at large practice their religious beliefs and rituals in peace and harmony .. How impractical and divisive is government imposing forceful restrictions on everyone under the garb of religious sentiments..