Measat3-Excellent Signal Quality

• Thread starter Thread starter Leo_r
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 21,053

Leo_r

ISP
BSNL
Last week, I fine tuned my Dish to Measat3. Now Signal Strength is 66 % And Quality is 90 %. The quality of home transponder 12316 varies from 75-90 and all others are firm at 90 %. Auto Tuned 172 Channels.This ensured that there was no drop out of signal during rain on Sunday and Monday. Could stand 10 cms of rain.Box-Coship; Location-Chennai. Hope this is true to others also who have realigned their dish.

For me also it is fine tuned to Measat-3. But still the signal goes if clouds see in the sky. What your argument is totally wrong.... 😱

It is a statement of my experience now.Earlier with Insat 4B the signal quality was only 65 % and it used to go off during rain. One must remember that as long as Set top Box and Dish alignment are perfect, we can enjoy SD. When a problem crops up,we will be left without any service. I too registered for realignment of dish,and no one turned up,so I did it myself as suggested here..Pl try your luck again with confidence.

how to change the setting ?

On the stb or about fine tunning the dish?

On the stb or about fine tunning the dish?

Fine tuning the DISH

Procedure as given from the net:Check your info channel ,if your info channel has a green colored tick mark at left side bottom then your signal is from Measat. And you can know the details by checking the TP details also tp = 12316 , H = 30000 & Polarization = horizontal Please put Home TP: 12316 H 30000COSHIP (5202 & 5203):Step 1: Go to Installation menu and select “Advanced Installation” option. Step 2: Select “Insat 4B/SAT “and press OK on the remote & press Yellow color key to “TP Edit”. (Must to be select satellite No.1) Step 3: Press Right Navigation key on the remote for adding “New Parameters” Step 4: Enter “New Parameters” like “Frequency, Symbol rate, Polarity” Step 5: Fill all “New Parameters” and select OK “Signal strength & Quality “displayed on screen. Step 6: Press Red color key to “Searching” all available channels. Step 7: After Scanning Press Exit and watch our New channels on “New Satellite” The Set top box will download and update new list of Channels automatically when strength and quality cross 55-60 %. Leave the Box on undisturbed during this update.Keep Channel Information page in 'Menu', If the quality is less than 90 % ,adjust Elevation(pull up 1-2 mm) and azimuth(rotate clockwise)1-2mm.Keep a person in front of TV to communicate while adjusting.Good Luck.

guys horrible time, well guys all my regards to u, I also did manually setting to my DD direct plus , Guys if u can get signal strengths meter, than ur job is much easier , it will cost u just Rs200 , and it is very important , because in future u can also use it to set dish and get good quality signal strength

guys horrible time, well guys all my regards to u,

I also did manually setting to my DD direct plus ,

Guys if u can get signal strengths meter, than ur job is much easier , it will cost u just Rs200 , and it is very important , because in future u can also use it to set dish and get good quality signal strength

Can you let me know where I can get the signal strength meter for Rs. 200/-. I am interested in purchasing one. Thanks in advance.:smile:

Can you let me know where I can get the signal strength meter for Rs. 200/-. I am interested in purchasing one. Thanks in advance.:smile:
well sorry for late reply, bcz i did not use sun, I used DD direct plus, well it is not availible in market u know, i got it through a person works in Tata Sky as Fitter of dishes, he gave to me in rs200 , that it, u can also contact ur sun or big tv guys, may he help u out , or try Ebay something
Thanks