MEANING OF SERVICE PROVIDED BY LCO?

• Thread starter Thread starter karanjain06
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 10,954
ISP
Airtel
I was being told by Airtel installation buy that xstream fiber is being brought by LCO in my city. What does that mean? I mean is it something different from Airtel. Will it affect anything like speed,pings etc

One thing is for sure...... they will take your money....... ..... Airtel : 90% LCO: 10%

In providing broadband service......... fault lies ....... with LCO: 90% time and ISP: 10% time.

So it is better you check the credibility of LCO first....... visiting his setup and checking with your neighbors also.

If LCO is good...... you might try Airtel.....

optional suggestion......
If LCO is very good.......... you might try any ISP from him.......... as Airtel is atleast twice the price and that also with FUP........ and imo overrated...

The person said he has done some tieup with airtel. He is managing the installation here. I know that person he even told me that he is bringing Airtel Xstream to my city a month before its official on the website.

My only concern with LCO is will it impact the speed and ping issues. Local isp I m using is with the same person reference and ping and speed is shit even with 80mbps plan. He is providing the net through "FIBLIB" DELHI. The ping is shit cant play coop games properly, forget about pvp. Steam downloads max at 25-30 most of the time. Only get full speed on youtube downloads and gdrive. Since lockdown speed has been capped at 20mbps.

Attachments

• 15870555632483719949685726407956.webp
    15870555632483719949685726407956.webp
    151.4 KB · Views: 512
Is this Airtel broadband through LCO or a cable ISP on Airtel’s backbone? I could be wrong, but I’ve never heard of Airtel providing broadband through LCO.

Simply ask your LCO...... go to his office or any site in neigbourhood where he has done the installation..... Do a speedtest.

Check...
1. In speedtest the ISP should be only "Airtel"
2. Check the speed and ping on various international servers preferably on 5Ghz band.

If satisfied, tell him you want similar stats at your and take connection for a month.

Unlike Bsnl, Airtel wont allow its brand name on lco managed network.
Definitely it must be airtel in backend. Airtel can provide software to manage all necessary but billing n all will be in local brand name in the end.
Though many of them do print airtel brand name on pamphlet.

Unlike Bsnl, Airtel wont allow its brand name on lco managed network.
Definitely it must be airtel in backend. Airtel can provide software to manage all necessary but billing n all will be in local brand name in the end.
Though many of them do print airtel brand name on pamphlet.
But my city is available on the website. Muzaffarnagar, uttarpradesh.

One thing is for sure...... they will take your money....... ..... Airtel : 90% LCO: 10%

In providing broadband service......... fault lies ....... with LCO: 90% time and ISP: 10% time.

So it is better you check the credibility of LCO first....... visiting his setup and checking with your neighbors also.

If LCO is good...... you might try Airtel.....

optional suggestion......
If LCO is very good.......... you might try any ISP from him.......... as Airtel is atleast twice the price and that also with FUP........ and imo overrated...
You are wrong brother the Airtel setup and investment totally different and upgraded from existing LCO setup..