MCD Demolition Drive

Ryan

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 6, 2004
Gurgaon
Well guess what. Our build and apparently many others in my area will appear to be broken down. I believe they are taking things way out of hand and thus getting people out of their homes and jobless at times. Well anyway, I'm moving to gurgaon tomorrow actually because I don't want to be here before all that crap demolition starts. Anyone who lives in delhi or elsewhere have an opinion on this and what is the real point in all of this?

mahavirpd1

Apr 4, 2006
Originally posted by Ryan@Feb 13 2006, 10:26 PM
Well guess what. Our build and apparently many others in my area will appear to be broken down. I believe they are taking things way out of hand and thus getting people out of their homes and jobless at times. Well anyway, I'm moving to gurgaon tomorrow actually because I don't want to be here before all that crap demolition starts. Anyone who lives in delhi or elsewhere have an opinion on this and what is the real point in all of this?
[snapback]42049[/snapback]
[/quote]

mahavirpd1

Apr 4, 2006
Originally posted by mahavirpd1@Apr 4 2006, 09:14 PM
[snapback]47124[/snapback]
[/quote]
This is a very big game. Recently one team from world bank visited delhi for viewing exact position of delhi for giving grant {in lacs of crore }to delhi for hosting commonwealth games. they refused due to commercial activities in residential areas. Now whatever grant comes to govt. is to be pocketed by big politicians {minumum of 50%}. So, everything is going for that 50%. They don't want to be in power for more. 50% will do for them. In swiss bank or in Italy or in UAE. So why not do this. overall, only delhi wil be lost. Still centre is there. No problem. Their foreign bank account will be OK. Local MP's of delhi are weeping [ they know the results] But nobody to listem to them. listen for what ? Everything is planned for the development of our favourite [centre] leaders.
My opinion : MP's, MLA's have a right to withdraw support. Why don't voters {before 5 years} They should also be allowed to withdraw support from Govt. like MP's and MLA's.

rastapopulus

Bring it ON
Regulars
Feb 1, 2006
i really dont think dats the soln here...Look at all dis in a different lite....Firstly, all dis commercialization dint cum up in a day,All thoz traders knew they wer building up on residential land but still they cont.Wel the MCD guys came, they put up stuff lik "Think abt the workers" and all that crap???Were they so heartless b4 dat they nvr saw that earlier.. ??See wat happened on MG 1 and 2.. These fashion designerz(I hv nuttin personal against em) who charge exorbitant rates for the clothes which basically isnt even wat they are makin...They start sayin stuff lik "Oh look at the Poor tailorz" ..Were they not poor and helpless tailors earlier... who hardlyget a meagre salary which the deswigners tok the rest awaty..Similar is the case with politcins as well.... They wer all indiffferent to wat was happening as seein this situation as a potential Vote Bank kinda situation they all jumped in wid their a$$es...Apparaently to HELP!!!This country worx on a very complex system...Its bound to go offtrack very easily...M not a cynic Nor am i critizing any1But v indians tend to get disheartned very easilyV lose hope so soonNo use cribbing... Let things go as planned...Sumthing better shud cum up sooner...Basicaly no 1 is at fault...Basically Every1 is...

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 4, 2005
Yes its a SC directive so stop the Govt bashing as we are so much used to it now... :p

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
the way things are going, I have a whole lot more faith in the SC and the HC than the government (legislature + executive, but primarily the former).the worst argument to come out of all this is the "why didn't they say anything when we built these (unauthorized) constructions 10/ 20/ 30 years ago?" - the stupidity in that statement is so deep, that it's inexpressable in words.and yes, I agree with the above posts that you have to be very very careful in not equating the judiciary with the legislature. Judges and lawyers are (mostly) well read educated professionals who have studied and worked in this profession for years and years, and politicians more often than not are selfish, uneducated, self-serving fickle excuses of human character, who switch sides more often than they switch underwear.so in summation, good for the judiciary which is actually working towards making this country a little nicer, a little more organized, and a little mroe civilized and sane. Boo to the politicians whose first instinct is to try to legislatively nullify this progressive step.I think after this, they should go after public utilities like roads, water, and then the parking situation in Delhi.