Maybe a possible way of fooling MTNL, community help needed.

• Thread starter Thread starter tutsipoppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 6,819
Yes i too have stopped thinking about 2 MBPS u/l i have to shell out 550 for 96 kbps u/l 🙂() but im still happy because the hotwire ppl have not been able to repair their login authorization systems since ages and as a result once a month for 2-3 days i get 70-80 KBPS speeds so im happy with it

so the speeds on hotwire have come down..i used to get 3-5 Mbps..once or twice every month..BTW the company has withdrawn form my area and from many other areas in Delhi..their website is down..and I think its close to shutting down..

it may be off-topic...but i guess the thread has already gone off-topic, so i might as well at my lil bit.I just wanted to ask, what will happen if, suppose....My download is active on utorrent from 12.30am but i forgot to switch off my router before 8am and instead turn it off at 8.30am.So when i switch off my router at 8.30am, will MTNL deduct all my downloaded MBs(from 12.30am to 8.30am) from my 1Gb Limit? or will they only deduct those Mbs which i got downloaded between 8am-8.30am?

@tutsipoppyMTNL will charge you for everything downloaded from 0030 till 0830.If the modem isn't switched off then its treated as one session......Thats why we have so many threads here for modem reboot 🙂

Ya, but the summary page hasnt counted/deducted those 600 odd MBs of that night, it is still showing and deducting the normal MBs which i use throughout the day.I mean, if it would have counted that as 1 session, then my MBs usage would have gone above 1GB, but that isnt the case.

yes consider urself lucky else u wud have had to run to exchange.. but afaik .. it doesnt deduct full 600.. when i was on NU.. i had tried that.. i started new session at 7:50 and downloaded some 5mb and stopped at 8:15.. it didnt count full 5 mb but it was some fraction number with six-seven digits after fraction. so there is some kind of algorithm.. i dont know whats the algorithm

I had two sessions of Autoshutdown running on my PC last week,hence did not shutdown...and I could only switch off at 09:15amThe session history page counted 459MB all night from 12:05 till 09:15Lagta hai mera naseeb kharab tha,that night!But the torrents were not heavily seeded so It just cost me 459MB,else what would have happened if I'd DL'ed at 1.8 mbps all Night? 😱Yahan par nasseb accha tha; that day!

was 459MB counted as fraction? like 459123456.123456 or just 459123456?they used to count it as fraction. my rough guess of algorithm is:extra seconds after 8AM * MB downloaded in session--------------------------total seconds in sessioncan u post that sessions record details here?

its fractional for Usage and whole number for DL Bytes .....the new website shows this kind of data;eg:-Download Bytes Usage161677595 1.11 MBI dont Think there is any way my "so called 2mbps" connection can DL 495MB from 0800 to 0915.Hmmmmmm.....Almost half a GB in 1 hr 15 mins.....woh din kab ayega?

yes thats why i am asking u.. can u post that particular row of ur usage?start time, end time and download bytes? dont disclose anything else.and why cant it download 495MB in 75 minutes?

7/17/2007 00:16 AM 7/17/2007 09:13 AM 519946440 495.87 MBthis is it BroI'm now surfing on this forum at 3.4kbps and the file I just DL'ed from RS came down at 33.9kbps.max at Night I get after 1am is 1.8mbps and that too dies down by about 7 am everymorningThats why I have a SO CALLED 2mbps connection.MTNL is smart when they say UPTO 2mbps depending on line conditions 🙁