• Thread starter Thread starter balajik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,243

balajik

Regular
ISP
AIRTEL
Is it a good idea to buy a mattress online?
Will it work out cheaper?
Does anyone have experience buying mattresses online?
What are the good online stores to buy them? I see they are available on Homeshop18, Snapdeal.
Any input will be appreciated.

I was wondering what a Mattesses was.

Upvote 0
Here is the Snapdeal link if you do decide! I am still trying to figure out how their platform works!
As for buying them online... As long as you know what you want... It should be safe I guess. Mattress is not something that would have a piracy problem.

Upvote 0
balajik said:
Any input will be appreciated.
I don't know why a cotton filled mattress is not good enough. We had them all our life and then suddenly everyone was buying only foam mattresses and we too replaced with them.
Good brands last long....make sure you cover it with another quilt or something to prevent it from getting dirty. Mine has lasted now for 12 years...Kurlon brand

Upvote 0
I see. I've been using mattresses for a long time. First cotton-filled mattresses like SNOO PEE mentioned and foam since at least 1997. The top half of the mattress is foam and the bottom half is coir. I even tried sleeping for a few months on the coir side but there was no improvement. I've been experiencing this lower back pain in the mornings only in the last couple of years. So, I thought a change in mattress will be for the better.

Upvote 0
Not really. It might take a few days to get used to it. But long term, it is going to give you a lot of back pain relief.
I am not saying to sleep straight on a hard surface. Lay down a think cotton mattress on it for cushion. That should be more than enough.
Once you get used to sleeping on such a surface, fluffy beds would appear nightmarish 😀
In any case, it would be a good idea to get your back checked for issues like Cervical.

Upvote 0
I tried hard surface, felt good with my back, but my doctor advised against it, said it was against the normal body curve. I'm since using memory foam mattress, can't live without that now.

Upvote 0