Match Fixing: Life ban on Azhar lifted

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2,996
You are not getting it.

1) Case was filed BY Jadeja and not AGAINST Jadeja.
2) Case was against BCCI (a giant even at that time).

So its not like BCCI wud not try to influence judges.(although losing case was not going to hurt them)

Additionally, Jadeja's name gets cleared sooner or later did not make any difference to Jadeja. (as his cricket was already over)

Why would Jaya Jaitley try to influence a court case for such a small issue and risk her political career?

Just imagine if some opposition party gets a slight hint towards such attempt of Jaya Jaitley to influence court. They can easily make mountain our of a mole. For trying to support a CRICKET CRIMINAL.

Doing that in cricket crazy country means end of votes.

So I doubt she wud try to influence something that wud anyway have ended in the same way. It was only question of sooner or later. Remember politicians have lots of patience. They can wait for decades without worrying. Why wud she lose her patience?

what u are saying is just assumptions .

though jadeja was banned and he filed a case as it mattered to him that his was defamed by the allegations , so no matter his career was over or not he fought the case...................any one would

based on that .........no criminal (politician) will ever do anything wrong. i would just go in my shell for now as far as this topic is concerned

I agree I am assuming. But from my point of view, you are also assuming that Jaya Jaitley influenced the case to get closed in 2 yrs.She has no reason to do that for reasons I already stated earlier.And yes, case closed for our arguments. You put ur views, I put mine. We are not trying to prove who is right or wrong here.

The question is why did BCCI not try to justify the ban by providing some proofs, Answer: They dont really have any. The guys might be still guilty, but the problem is that the ban was handed after just a few enquiries & no proper proof. And these guys (Azhar/Jadeja) know that there is no real proof, again guilty or not is secondary. So to clear their name(s) they filed a case. Another point is that they could be a taking a huge gamble because till then there was a only a likelihood, but a case could have forced people's hand to produce any proof, which would mean a permanent scar on them.

they were banned because they had to take some action to quieten the media and the public outrage. no one actually was caught really.

Then i wonder why did they pick people like Azhar and Jadeja? They were good players for India right? And they were fetching money for BCCI

They cud have picked anyone not so popular enough.

I do believe some names were taken during enquiries , but nothing was conclusive. Cronje said that the guy who asked him to match fix was someone introduced by Azhar, but Azhar was not there when the guy actually offered him a deal. Similar things would have come out about Azhar & others during enquiry. But perhaps nothing much more.

yeap. it would have been impossible to prove that they were actually connected. in the end they could have only proved that they knew the people involved in booking. but that is not a crime right? shit would have continued for years. by banning the two primary characters (and kapil dev?) and launching criminal cases against cronje (and gibbs? he never travelled to india after that i think)... they got the media calm down.cronje of course died mysteriously. so did bob woolmer. massive conspiracy theories regarding these deaths.

About Kapil dev, it was Manoj Probhakar who claimed him involved via Tehelka "sting". His name did not come up (I guess) in the enquiry. Azhar/Jadeja/Mongia/Ajay Sharma were the names that came up during enquiry. The Delhi police got no proof or anything on Indian guys - They were after Cronje, who in turn revealed names of Henry Williams, Derek Crookes, Gibbs. The police also wanted to enquire Nicky Boje. Essentially they 2 or 3 different things.

My family members easily predicted that Prabhakar is going to take Kapil's name when trailers of his interview started coming out hinting - "In xyz series, I found this about a very senior player, I went to the captain & coach & they ignored me", Sidhu is also shown saying "I owe a lot to him, He is like an elder bro, I cannot speak out against him" in the captured footage. Basically eliminating every one else except him.

This week last year: The Prabhakar - Kapil Dev painful saga | India Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

On CNN's Q & A programme, Bindra revealed that Prabhakar told him that Kapil Dev was the man he named. All hell broke loose in the media. The battle lines were drawn clearly, with allegations flying thick and fast. Prabhakar was boxed into a corner and hard-pressed to provide evidence of some kind. For every allegation there was a denial and a counter question, "what proof do you have?"

It all went very wrong for Manoj Prabhakar. From being the accuser, the tables were turned, and the former Delhi and India all-rounder was now the accused. Not just accused, but pronounced guilty as well.

May people around that time lost interest in cricket, it took Kolkata 2001 for people to again fall in love with cricket.

Match fixing was there and now everyone have escaped the punishment 🙁

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ikddd9eU10k

I guess this saved Kapil then!

I think that he really cried. I doubt he can act so well.