Massive optics laying by reliance in various parts of country

• Thread starter Thread starter chetan31
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 21,068
C

chetan31

Hello friends, I could see massive optic fibre laying in various parts of country. I had seen conduits of various colours laying in Bangalore, Delhi and varanasi. Dont know about other places, can you guys confirm this. I had seen cable laying in as remote places of saarnath temple, Ganga ghat in banaras. Seems like vary strange bec if the connectivity is to provide to 4G sites the it should have not in such massive scale. Seems like they also plans to provide ftth

yes In bangalore they have done it long back ago

There is a massive cable-laying operation going on in Jaipur, I can confirm.
I got all excited on seeing cables outside my home, thought Reliance ADAG was laying cables and now I can get wireline internet from someone other than BSNHell. Instead I found out these guys were laying cable for bigger brother's new 4G service.
Curiously enough, there were four optical cables being laid simultaneously. Very colorful cables, unlike black ones of BSNL.
I asked on-site engineer when the service would be launched, he said latest by January in Jaipur. There is a huge nationwide promotion planned for January, 2014. Likely around 26 January. Also, at launch there will be only one plan nationwide which will have 10 GB "free" bundled usage, after that you will have to pay Rs 10 per GB. No idea how much this basic plan will cost per month.
No restriction on speed after 10 GB usage, which is clever since the more data the users consume more Mukeshbhai earns. Speed will be anywhere between 25-100 mbps depending upon congestion and active users in a given cell. So speed should be much better than most wireline broadband in India, which says a lot about our pathetic ADSL services. Hope this fires up BSNL and Anil Ambani.
Only downside is that this is wi-fi/4G only, and you will be forced to buy new wi-fi/4G wireless routers from Reliance only. You cannot get optical or copper wire laid to your home. I personally prefer a wireline service for lower latencies and guranteed high speed.
Anyway, competition is always good and I hope this helps BSNL reduce their rates for Dataone.

Well it would be pretty normal for reliance jio to target larger A & B cities. What is encouraging to see is that they are targeting smaller cities as well. They are presently laying fibre about 30 meters from my home in Dhule Maharashtra. Will post pics later tonight.

Here are some of the pics of the fibre optics installation going on near my house. I have heard rumors that jio wants to start the 4G service along with wired broadband. I for one would be ready to pay 1-2k/mo for a really fast wired service with a decent download limit or even mgcarley way of paying ie Rs10/gb pay for what you consume model. Wireless I am a bit apprehensive about. As SKV mentioned that for a new service from reliance it's always better to go the prepaid way no matter how attractive their postpaid plans would be. Let's just hope that coz reliance has taken all this time just to launch their services means they are trying to get it right. I for one would be one of their 1st applicants of a wired service if they do launch one. BSNL MURDABAD 😛

Some fibre laying was done about a yr back in front of my house. But that has not been connected yet since there is a pit at end of the road from where all the lines are coming out in light

I am from Lucknow and I can confirm that they are laying cables here too.Just infront of my house they have kept 2 variants of cables one orange and one blue colored cable.I will post pics..

Reliance is laying the lines in all of Guwahati too. They completed laying lines on the main road as well as my road. But I reside in a Bye Lane and the reliance lines have not been laid in my bye lane. They have got wired broadband license too from what I heard. So, I will take their plans as soon as their plans are launched if their pricing and features are better than BSNL which is the only other somewhat reliable option here in Guwahati. In fact, I might keep both connections with Reliance being the priority and higher end connection.
They had asked several times to set up tower on top of our house but dad refused due to safety concerns as Guwahati is a highly earthquake prone area. My house is around 140 metres inside the bye lane and so, I doubt it would be a bad connection if I take a wired broadband from reliance as the distance would be somewhat far from the reliance main line. So, I want the line to be extended inside my bye lane too. There are a lot of high end users in my bye lane and the BSNL line is already dead for most people due to an earlier cable cut issue. BSNL could not fix the cable for several years and the customers in my bye lane just left BSNL. So, it seems to be worth investing too in terms of customer prospects. I am in the Rs.1800 plan of BSNL broadband (Rs.2050 approx after taxes) and I will go for a similar or higher reliance plan myself if the rates and quality of line is better than BSNL. Many more would probably do so in my road. Maybe if I had allowed the tower to be set up on my house (they came at least 3-4 times requesting to set up the tower and dad especially refused outright), they would have necessarily extended the line to my house by default. But now I am not sure how to make them extend the line.
There are no phone numbers or website for reliance jio infocomm. So, how to make such requests of line extension etc. while they are launching the cables before the official launch. Right now they are proactively laying lines all over Guwahati. So, I doubt they easily lay the line in my bye lane if I request them.

Is there any way to contact them to lay the lines?

Reliance Jio mayn't extend wires to the bylanes. They plan to launch the BB service through WiFi. You might need to purchase a WiFi device from them once the service launches. I have no info on whether the present WiFi routers would operate with their setup.

Yes it is gonna be LTE. However they would also be facilitating BB to houses from the same bandwidth through WiFi hotspots. Engineers had specifically stated that they have no plans to lay cables in the bylanes. Erricson has been outsourced to build up the Hotspot network and devices. I may not be 100% correct but what i recall from my talk with the engineers is that customers would need to purchase wifi devices which would have a small antenna to be placed on the roof. Customer would have the facility of using the data through regular 4G service or through fixed wifi devices.

Do you mean that they will not provide wired broadband? If that is the case, then why are they laying their cable at all in lanes? Reliance has dug up most lanes in Guwahati and have laid their lines. And as I mentioned earlier they had asked me 3-4 times in the last few months to install tower on top of the terrace of my house as ours is one of the highest building in the locality and they showed me some meter mentioning that my house was at the best point for them to lay their tower as per their estimates etc. So, if they had installed the tower on my house they would have by default needed to lay the cable in my bye lane upto my house at least as per normal logic. If they were not laying cables in bye lanes then why would they come to request for tower installation to my house so many times in the last few months. I am not against any sort of quality broadband even via Wifi LTE or anything else if it can connect to my router (either my normal router or a specialized if needed expensive 4g router). But will the same plans and rates be available using Wifi etc. as compared to wired broadband. Normally wireless lines are always more expensive as has been the norm. If reliance is equal to or more expensive than BSNL wired line then there is just no benefit in going for Relaince as the primary connection. My question would be that why are cables being laid inside lanes if only wireless broadband would be provided. It just does not make sense. They can just run those through the main roads in such a scenario.I did not see Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone, Idea etc. digging up and installing cables when they started 3g wireless service several years back if I am correct.