Massive data consumption on Airtel Broadband recorded for many users this weekend

• Thread starter Thread starter Karan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 15,058
Ignore? What about consumption? Did they revert the faulty consumption?

Got the same SMS as well. No restoral of the data or being unFUPed itself yet, but atleast things are heading in the right direction!

Last edited:
Exactly - unless FUP is undone, ignoring makes no sense!

True, but they have atleast admitted they screwed up, so they can do one of two things now, restore the data or credit the account(monetary) back for the data itself. I don't think they would get into the latter. Just waiting now till morning to see if they restore the data, otherwise I'll be back on twitter with them.

Last edited:
I am about to hit the FUP, so if they don't restore, its going to be a hell for next 10 days on 512kbps :-(

This got undone at 12AM midnight. I now have full 80GB data in my account (though I had spent about 35GB). They chose to replenish the data and set the consumption to 0% for everyone affected.

yups got full 60GB back.

however, yet to get reply on issue raised on 121.

Haha, if that happens will have to repeat this whole saga again. Apart from the restored data, Airtel seems to have re-provisioned my download speed as well, up from 41Mbps to 48Mbps, no change in the upload though, still at 20Mbps.

Airtel restored my data as well. And looks like they are not just restoring the GBs lost but topping up the full limit. Nice.

They are probably restoring full limit because their software probably does not know what was "real" usage done in that period.

So either they write code to reverse data used during "error" period ONLY or reset counter to ZERO.

Resetting to ZERO was probably easiest solution available to them.

Today if I login to my account website there's the message "Our systems are being upgraded due to which some of the information will not be available. Inconvenience is regretted.". I can login but can't get details of data consumed/remaining.

airtel presence guy I spoke to a few days back called, they have confirmed that is was a "data spike" in their system that caused the usage to go haywire. He also confirmed they have restored the full data limit for all affected customers. So far the data counter seems to not be counting any data either, still showing 150GB left for me.