Mass action plan to get night unlimited usage

• Thread starter Thread starter robert0909
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 8,728
Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 17 2005, 10:21 PM
that doesnt require load balancing since both OS (windows and linux) include functions for using multiple TCP/IP cnxns to be outputted thru one port. In Windows it is called Routing and remote access and in linux it is Masquerading ... both require to interact with firewall for this function to take effect. Obviously for flexibility of options i would recommend linux can handle this better.Ultimately u need more than 1 NIC for this in plain words.
[snapback]16822[/snapback]
[/quote]
There is an option in windows DUN called multilinking though it is applicable to dial-up-networking, if your dsl works like DUN, I think it can be done.

I'm not sure you can have 256kbs form 2x128 lines. More like 2 separate connections to the same source. If you had more download bandwidth you could do this from one connection already but that has to be supported by the app in userland.I doubt it's possible at the network level.Note that i am referring to making 2x128kbs behave like one 256k line.

I think, Sushubh is going to try to get 2 x 128 and see if hets any better performance from such a connection. We await his trial.Besides T 3 will take a long time as things stand now.

got a machine. now i need some linux nerd to get it working for me.

spent the entire night trying the bridge the two connections. could not do it. now waiting for a friend of mine who says its easy. let us see how smart mtech guys are 😀