Maruti Suzuki India News and Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 116,268
It is 100 percent the governments fault, I was talking about the futility of writing articles blaming manufacturer X, Y and Z.

Tata has a 5 star rated small car (Punch) and has spent hundreds of crores advertising the safety of their cars but Maruti still outsell them by a massive margin. The playing field will not be level unless there is a minimum safety standard.

Comparison ke liye Punch hi mili.

The playing field will not be level unless there is a minimum safety standard.

And this is why Maruti has an advantage over the competition. They are shameless af.

Safety isn't the only thing people care about and I am not sure if Tata has spent unusually on Tata Punch specifically as it is the safest of the lot. I don't really see a lot of reasons to purchase Tata punch in any case.

Let's just imagine that both Baleno and Altroz have 4 safety ratings and are similarly priced. Which one would you choose? I would choose Baleno as the engine is refined, and the performance is better overall. Parts would be easily available as well, if I decide to get it serviced or repaired outside the official service network. Now if the comparison is between i20 N line DCT Turbo and Baleno AMT? I would still choose Baleno, because it offers much better fuel economy even if I have to compromise on the performance and better drivability offered by Hyundai's dual clutch tech.

Tiago and Tigor have done well in sales primarily because of the fuel efficiency even though the cars are under powered. Tata did cut corners, but in terms of performance. While Maruti is infamous for cutting corners in terms of build quality and safety.

What I personally have a problem with is our government's attitude towards automobile safety standards. That's all to it.

Last edited:
Let's see who else takes this as an opportunity to recall their cars while Maruti's stock price takes a hit.