• Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 21,918

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
A-Star: New concept car from Maruti Suzuki for IndiaMaruti Suzuki India has announced that they would be showcasing their new concept car product named A-Star at the upcoming Auto Expo 2008 show in Delhi.This car has been developed in collaboration with the parent company Suzuki Motor Corporation.This model is a premium hatchback and the company [...]

A-Star: New concept car from Maruti Suzuki for India

Maruti 'A Star' to be launched in October

New Delhi, 28 March 2008: Following the launch of the new Swift DZiRE sedan, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has....

Maruti Suzuki A Star to be launched in October Maruti Suzuki has just launched the sedan edition of Swift named DZiRE. The company has already started working on their next new product. Indiaâs largest selling automobile maker is expected to bring their new product named A-Star in India this coming October. M M Singh, managing executive officer (production) [...]

Maruti Suzuki A-Star to be launched in October

Maruti Suzuki A-Star coming to India : Photos

Maruti to launch A-Star in October; no competition with Nano

New Delhi, 04 September 2008: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL), plans to launch the A-Star model in India as scheduled in October and start....

Maruti Suzuki A-Star coming next monthMaruti Suzuki might be facing problems meeting the demand of Suzuki Swift and DZiRE but that is not stopping them from launching a brand new model in the Indian market.The company would be launching their brand new compact car A-Star next month.The timing is perfect as the festival season in [...]

Maruti Suzuki A-Star coming next month

Maruti to launch A-Star in October; no competition with Nano

New Delhi, 04 September 2008: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL), plans to launch theÂ*A-Star model in India as scheduled in October and start exports....

Well the dummy (yes, it wasn't a working prototype) at the AutoExpo looked sweeeeeeeeeeet, but I am worried that the final look would be more conventional / boring. There are some spy pics on the internet, which show that it looks really boring - like the old zen. Am hoping that those are not accurate.

the scoop photos point towards a boring final model. with black bumpers on the cheaper variants. maruti does need to stop offering cars with black bumpers.

100% agreed!

But that's not really my concern, as if I were to get the car, I would get the top variant. But the problem is that they seemed to have changed vital things such as the shape of the lights etc. to a much much much more boring version. 😕😢

Compare: Auto Expo pics Spy Pics

heh. concepts have no price point limitations i guess. to launch it below Rs 3-4 lakhs... they would have to cut costs 😛let's see how the final version of chevy volt come out to be. the concept version was pretty good looking.

It's supposed to be below 3-4 lakhs? I would have thought it would be one model above the Swift, coming for around 6 lakhs for the top variant so as to make it:

m800 < Alto

umm i think its smaller than swift!they really cannot price a hatchback over swift which is already too expensive for being a hatch!incidentally maruti also plans to launch splash! 😛 which i believe is also going to be priced below swift.btw. swift's top variant diesel is almost 6 lakhs.

I think there are hatchbacks that are more expensive than the Swift. The new Fiat is like 10-11 lakhs, right?

umm maruti a-star is not exactly a luxury premium hatchback! fiat 500, Volkswagen Beetle, Mercedes A-Class, Smart Car... these are not budget hatchbacks.

Well that's my mistake then - I thought it would be a premium hatchback, albeit a realtively cheap one at that. If it's for 3-4 lakhs then we can forget about all the awesome things they showed off at the AutoExpo.

4 lakhs seems to be a bit on the expensive side, wish they re look at pricing strategy😗

maruti has gone nuts with the pricing of their recent models. dzire, sx4... terrible products.

4 lakhs is on the expensive side?!? What are you comparing it to? Tata Nanos?

I saw the car at the Auto Expo and it looked beautiful!! I personally think they should have retained the looks and features and marketed it as a luxury hatchback in a upper category (say around Rs. 6 lakhs). Unfortunately now it seems it will be a severely downgraded version, which won't stand apart from the zens and santros of the world.