• Views: Views 21,315
Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
they are aiming at i10 with this model... considering both of these models would have the newer generation petrol engines (kappa vs. k series)... but the pricing takes it to the levels of swift. which makes both i10 and a-star undesirable for me.

D

dark_horizon

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849 NU
Maruti would also be launching another small car in january named Splash.I am looking forward to it.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
i think splash looks better than a-star :p

D

Dushie

Regulars
ISP
Skynet Broadband - Backend BBNL
at 4 lakhs, its overpriced for indian customers :eek:

icar

icar

ISP
VPN
Even as the auto industry is struggling to meet its sales target, India's largest auto-manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to excite the market with its latest offering, A-Star, promising a green vehicle with fuel efficiency.

To be launched within a fortnight, the five-door hatchback, equipped with all-new KB series engine, will be rolled out of Maruti Suzuki's Manesar (Gurgaon) plant. The new-generation 998-cc engine offers 67 BHP power and has been designed to meet even future environment norms. Claiming that the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)'s tests reveal that A-Star delivers an impressive mileage of 19.59 km a litre, Maruti Suzuki's Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) Mayank Pareek said the new offering would give yet another choice to cost-conscious customers who can now select from a range of as many as seven of their products in the compact car segment.

Denying that A-Star would be pitched against Maruti Suzuki's own small cars, thus hitting its sales, Mr. Pareek said: "In the fast-growing Indian passenger car market, sub-niche are emerging between various segments.

A-Star will be uniquely positioned that will appeal to altogether new customers. Initially, we plan to sell at least 50,000 A-Star in India every year." Though Mr. Pareek refused to disclose the price of the new car that will be available in three variants, A-Star is likely to be priced around Rs. 3.25-4 lakh.

The company has big export plans for A-Star which will be Suzuki's fifth global model. A-Star will be made in 200 variants and exported to 150 nations across Europe, Asia, the Middle-East, Latin America, Africa and Australia. A-Star will fuel parent company Suzuki¿s ambition of re-entering the European market stronger.

The export of A-Star is likely to begin early next year with around one lakh units; and later it will contribute half of Maruti Suzuki's overall export target of 2-lakh units by 2010-11. With A-Star, Maruti Suzuki is starting an all new-initiative of making all its car comply with 'end of life vehicle' (ELV) specifications, making it recyclable up to 95 per cent.

The Hindu

vebk

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Looks horrible. :wall: Such a shame especially considering the smashing prototype they had at the autoexpo.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
A-Star will be made in 200 variants!This would hit Hyundai i10...

ganesh177

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
exactly, first thing came to my mind is its launched to eat i10. I would like to test drive this thing.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
they are using a lot of components found in swift :)there is a small panel along with the instrument panel. cant see what it is. clock?

iChaitanya

iChaitanya

ISP
airtel & RCOM
Damn man, post thumbnails.Each bit and byte counts. :(And this Astar is cool. Anyone interested?

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
too expensive. too close to the pricing of the maruti swift. :)