MapmyIndia India Maps on sale for Rs. 199 for Sygic

• Thread starter Thread starter DNA_Uncut
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 11,832
I hate Google navigation because it do not help when there is a flyover... There have been times that Google navigation do not inform that I do not have to take flyover... But sygic always tells you to keep left when flyover is not to be used

yup true, it told us clearly to keep it on left and flyover was on right.

aviral sangal said:
I hate Google navigation because it do not help when there is a flyover... There have been times that Google navigation do not inform that I do not have to take flyover... But sygic always tells you to keep left when flyover is not to be used
Encountered this problem recently. Flyover was not distinguished on map apart from couple of gray arrows...had to double check the map amidst heavy traffic.

that alternate route that was immediately plotted by sygic, did not work on Nokia hard drive and app was pretty much clueless as to what to do next :tongue:

plotted the route for us when we were looking for a restaurant did not get parking so ended up leaving plus seemed too expensive too :

aviral sangal said:
May be the DB is not updated for all flyovers in India.
It works perfectly fine in Chennai and NH5(TN)

kattuviriyan said:
May be the DB is not updated for all flyovers in India. It works perfectly fine in Chennai and NH5(TN)
I think they aren't complaining about the presence of flyovers on Google navigation, but rather the fact that when you are approaching a road where say the right side has a flyover and there is an arterial road going on the left side, google maps will usually just say go straight etc. whereas Sygic tells you to keep right or left depending on what side you have to go to.

kattuviriyan said:
May be the DB is not updated for all flyovers in India.
It works perfectly fine in Chennai and NH5(TN)
This. Google Maps works perfectly fine in Chennai and NH45 regions - it even says to keep left or keep right depending on where the flyover is.

Iam talking about this

As you can see,there's no separate markings for flyovers.Makes it little confusing when viewing it in a small screen.

has anyone installed the free version on the moto g yet ?
I tired a older apk I got " Sygic stopped" error.
Now trying the latest version from play store it has been still downloading the app for 20 min ... really need this to work 😀

Maps from Sygic are not that large. I think Delhi NCR can be covered in 200MB. If you remove UP, it is much smaller.

yup true, Delhi is only 40 mb even thats enough, he is in mumbai so 70 mb for him lol
maybe he is talking about the ram ? :tongue:
i had a bit of a jittery screen when i was setting it up inside the house. Sat. was able lock in indoors too 😀
What should be hardware settings on this ? compass on or off ? gps module ticked green ?