Mandatory to add 0 before mobile number while calling from landline phones from January 15 2021

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (Trai) had in May recommended a '0' prefix for all such calls to create sufficient numbering space for telecom service providers.

Dot has no idea who has access to what number series? Because of mnp, this doesn't even make any sense.

So no will start with 0 now and later with 1 ,2 ,3.
I guess jio is facing no crunch thats why my old jio no that wasnt recharged for years got terminated recently.

I guess that too would be mandatory once other codes come into play. As it is easy to make changes in mobile platform being all digital.

Fixed no portability is a new thing, so they plan to grab bsnl fixed line subscribers take away its only left revenue stream. Making bankruptcy too big to recover.

1) What will happen if I am not prefixing ‘0’ before dialling a landline number? Will I still be able to reach them?
Yes, for the transition period of 1 week starting 15 Jan 2021, both with & without ‘0’ calls will be allowed. After one week, you will have to add ‘0’ before every number.

2) Do I have to prefix ‘0’ for calls made to mobile number belonging to other operators too?
Yes, you have to prefix ‘0’ before every mobile number.

3) Is this procedure applicable for other fixed line providers as well?
Yes, this is applicable for all fixed line providers.

dad is a heavy landline user. he would have to get used to these new rules.

MTNL connection was returned. RIP. This instrument is the jio fiber landline number which I check regularly just to see if its working. 😁
The dial wala instrument was lying on the loft for many decades 😝😝.

Last edited: