Make Ur Wa1003a Router Secure..!

rajesh_psycho

Friends, after long time i want to share something, i have no idea whether this has been discussed b4, i have searched but found nothing.I m using BSNL Type 2 modem(WA1003A), after long battle i m able to configure a secure wireless conection, so if this is beneficial for anyone, then do ask me, i will describe how to configure it, and if this is already solved then, mods, plz close this thread...awaiting for ur replies....

@ rajesh , you wanted to share and you were
able to configure it . Then why waiting for replies ...
just shoot the procedure . It will be helpful to many .

for the details on WA1003A , generally I give the reference of
http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/menu.html .

I hope that you will not post the already available information .

@ seshu, dear....i think u should go through the wordings i have used..:

if this is beneficial for anyone, then do ask me, i will describe how to configure it, and if this is already solved then, mods, plz close this thread...[/b]

here i mean, that if its already discussed, then this thread would be closed, and my effort would go in vain, thats why i asked others to just provide me some acknowledgement, as to whether it is beneficial to them or not, i dont want to make useless effort.....

well..by the way..thanks for the link...i think u should have posted this link b4, so that we can manage to solve the security problem earlier.

^ AFAIK no thread is unnecessarily closed just because of it contains already discussed matter . The usefulnessof a thread is evaluated with utmost care before deleting it . If required the different threads of same topic are merged after a few days . we (some other members & me) have been providing theabove Link for guidance whenever it was required on thiscommunity and the VT community .

Hi Rajesh,

I got the same link from seshu and tried upto Wireless PC configuration after putting the encryption key in modem, but got stuck there. My Laptop doesn't seem to allow the new network key, I gave this key the same as what I gave as hex code.

Can you give me u r contact # so that I can call u and get the details? cos u r one of the few who was able to succeed in setting up the wifi connectivity.

Thanks,
Gana

QUOTE(rajesh_psycho @ Aug 8 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]57971[/snapback]
Friends, after long time i want to share something, i have no idea whether this has been discussed b4, i have searched but found nothing.

I m using BSNL Type 2 modem(WA1003A), after long battle i m able to configure a secure wireless conection, so if this is beneficial for anyone, then do ask me, i will describe how to configure it, and if this is already solved then, mods, plz close this thread...

awaiting for ur replies....
[/b]

Hi Rajesh,

I got the same link from seshu and tried upto Wireless PC configuration after putting the encryption key in modem, but got stuck there. My Laptop doesn't seem to allow the new network key, I gave this key the same as what I gave as hex code.

Can you give me u r contact # so that I can call u and get the details? cos u r one of the few who was able to succeed in setting up the wifi connectivity.

Thanks,
Gana

Friends, after long time i want to share something, i have no idea whether this has been discussed b4, i have searched but found nothing.

I m using BSNL Type 2 modem(WA1003A), after long battle i m able to configure a secure wireless conection, so if this is beneficial for anyone, then do ask me, i will describe how to configure it, and if this is already solved then, mods, plz close this thread...

[/b]

Hi Rajesh,

I am struggling to set up a wifi connection with my laptop using BSNL WA1003MA router. My laptop is an old Dell and it does not have network connectivity and wireless card. Hence, I tried to use an external wireless PCMCIA card which can be inserted to the card socket of my laptop. The wireless card I used is Cisco AIRONET 350. I am trying to establish a connection without any encryption.

I have got the correct driver for the card installed in my laptop after downloading it from web. While checking the status in the Aironet Client Utility (utility from CISCO for configuring the wireless card), I can see that the wireless is acive with 90 to 95% signal strength. In trouble shooting option of the utility, there is an error "PROBLEM: Unable to send or receive messages to or from your access point. "

Could you/any one else please help me out in this?

QUOTE(Gana @ Aug 14 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]58536[/snapback]
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks,
Gana
[/b]
well...yes, i will surely help u, by the way where do u live, cause u want my contact no (r u planning to make STD call....😉), i live in Calcutta, i m out of town now, will be back on 16th august, will get back to u then, i m PMing u my contact no.

By the way, i will also try to help u out, here itself...just give me some time...thanks

QUOTE(ruby @ Aug 14 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]58538[/snapback]
Hi Rajesh,

I am struggling to set up a wifi connection with my laptop using BSNL WA1003MA router. My laptop is an old Dell and it does not have network connectivity and wireless card. Hence, I tried to use an external wireless PCMCIA card which can be inserted to the card socket of my laptop. The wireless card I used is Cisco AIRONET 350. I am trying to establish a connection without any encryption.

I have got the correct driver for the card installed in my laptop after downloading it from web. While checking the status in the Aironet Client Utility (utility from CISCO for configuring the wireless card), I can see that the wireless is acive with 90 to 95% signal strength. In trouble shooting option of the utility, there is an error "PROBLEM: Unable to send or receive messages to or from your access point. "

Could you/any one else please help me out in this?
[/b]

well....try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and the utility application(if any), and also try resetting the modem(at the back of the modem there is a small hole. just press it for 10 seconds while the modem is ON, and the switch off & swith ON, resetting will be done), and try connecting the laptop with the modem without any encryption, just see if u get working connection, will sort out the security feature after u get all done successfully.

Thanks Rajesh ! After resetting the WA1003MA, switching it off and switching ON, I was able to establish the wireless connection without errors. After doing a few settings in the WAN connection, I was able to browse internet using the wireless connection.My current connection is unsecure one with no encryption. Please let me know the steps for establishing secure connection using this modem and wireless card. I am not sure whether the wireless card supports 10 character encryption key which is the standard for WA1003MA.Anyway, I am happy that I could resolve the wireless connectivity problem with your input. I will try the encryption after hearing from you.

QUOTE(ruby @ Aug 15 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]58677[/snapback]
Thanks Rajesh ! After resetting the WA1003MA, switching it off and switching ON, I was able to establish the wireless connection without errors. After doing a few settings in the WAN connection, I was able to browse internet using the wireless connection.

My current connection is unsecure one with no encryption. Please let me know the steps for establishing secure connection using this modem and wireless card. I am not sure whether the wireless card supports 10 character encryption key which is the standard for WA1003MA.

Anyway, I am happy that I could resolve the wireless connectivity problem with your input. I will try the encryption after hearing from you.
[/b]

thats nice to hear....🙂

i will be giving u the detailed process...very soon..as i will be back...by the evening....on 16th, will try to explain the process by night...

[/b]

Please share the complete detials of the process as soon as possible. I really want to know it. Also, if you could provide the process of configuring BSNL Type 4 modem as well.
Thanks.

Hi Rajesh,

Now after a long time, my Laptop is able to identify the WA1003A modem, but when I click on connect, it throws an error message saying unable to connect cos modem might not be in range, but thats not the case.

Can you please help?

Thanks,
Gana

QUOTE(Gana @ Aug 14 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]58536[/snapback]
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks,
Gana
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks,
Gana
[/b]