Major issues with Airtel Boardband (Bangalore , Account informations lost ? )

chetanhooli

Overclocked.in
ISP
Airtel
I think this is a Big issue with Airtel NOW , I believe they may have lost / deleted or been hacked compromising the Account Data for their customers in Bangalore !

I have a very painful issue as Airtel doesnt seem to have any of my information correct , my number is 080-4xxxxxx0 , been using 2 Mbps 150 GB Download limit plan , I called them up on August 12 th and requested to change my plan to 4Gbps 150 GB DL limit , they agreed saying a feasability check will be carried out for the same , a few days later my DL speed changed to 4 Gbps and a couple of days after this aroung the last week of August I got a call from Airtel saying my plan change is approved and they would be making the change in the Next billing Cycle!

However come September 1st and My Internet broadband speed fell to 256 kbps and mysteriously my Broadband Plan had changed to 7 GB DL limit .I Called customer care and they couldn't even find my account details. I asked them what connection I am on and they were clueless and finally said 2GBps 7GB DL limit ! I was surprised at this ! I asked them to rectify it and they said they would do so by Monday Sept 12 but nothing happened. The Ref no for this is 3792525 .

Whats more is when i logged in toairtel website I couldn't see MY Landline number listed there any more ! (Last month they apparently updated the airtel.in portal may be something went totally bad during this time ?

I called them back again yesterday and asked them about 3792525 and they were totally clueless and said that complain was closed due to lack of Information ! This totally upset me ! I asked what information was missing and they were clueless again ! And Customer care created a NEW complain for this and during my conversation with him he mention that I was on 2Mbps 150 GB connection ! (The first Guy said 2 Mbps 7GB ) but i was getting emails from Airtel saying my bandwidth was exhausted at 7GB and had now downgraded me to 256 kbps !
He created another support ticket with ref no 3990240 ! And said this issue would be resolved by Sept 15th and its going on and on ! Extremely upset about the way they are treating customers !

I completely believe they have misplaced account info and have NO CLUE what to do about this !
All in all since August my Boardband speed sucks since they are totally confused on what plan I am on and what my DL limit is , I have paid all my bills till August 2011 living with the sad Customer service that Airtel provides !

I had emailed them about this issue and believe it or NOT they said my phone no does not exist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from 121@airtel.in
to cxxxxxxxxxi@gmail.com
date Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:28 AM
subject Re: 0804xxxxxx0_KK@AIRTELBROADBAND.IN 122.167.29.17 EXCEEDS 80% OF MONTHLY ALLOCATED QUOTA AND HAS BEEN REDIRECTED. [|BAL|Qrc21608110708505215764|]
mailed-by airtel.in
Important mainly because of the people in the conversation.

hide details Aug 16

Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 16-08-2011, regarding data transfer for your airtel number 0804xxxxxx0.

Thank you for writing to airtel and the opportunity to assist you.

We would like to inform you that the number mentioned by you 0804xxxxxx0 is not reflecting in our records as a valid number.

We request you to please confirm on the account number for us to provide you with the desired resolution.

We thank you and value your association with airtel. Please do write in for any further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Deepak HK
Customer Care Executive
Bharti Airtel Limited.

---------Original Message----------
To: 121@airtel.in
Cc:
Sent: 16/08/2011 07:34:20 AM
Subject: Re: 0804xxxxxx0_kk@airtelbroadband.in 122.167.29.17 exceeds 80% of monthly allocated quota and has been redirected.

Hi ,

My number is 0804xxxxxx0 , and I am on the 150 GB Monthly 2 Mbps Plan , why is
my data transfer being limited to 40 GB ?

Chetan

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:38 AM, wrote:
Dear Airtel Customer,
You have consumed 80% of your high speed data transfer limit of 40960 MB. After
100% consumption, you will be getting a revised speed till the end of the bill
cycle (as per the bill plan subscribed by you). You are still on an unlimited
plan and all your data transfer remains free. However, after 100% consumption,
if you need a higher speed, you can visit and subscribe to
speed on demand - a service from Airtel where you can increase your browsing
speed by paying a nominal charge.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at 121 from your Airtel
Landline.

Please note that this is a system generated alert. We request you not to reply
to this message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also adding emails sent by Airtel to me about my Bandwidth usage exceeding ! Which is totally incorrect.
from alert@airtelmail.in
to [Available] cxxxxxxxxxi@gmail.com
date Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM
subject 0804xxxxxx0_kk@airtelbroadband.in 122.167.43.134 exceeds periodic quota in the billing-cycle.

Dear Airtel Customer,
You have consumed 100% of your high speed data transfer limit of 7168 MB. Now you will be getting a revised speed till the end of this bill cycle (as per the bill plan subscribed by you) and the speed will be back to normal at the beginning of the new bill cycle. You are still on an unlimited plan and all your data transfer remains free. However, if you need a higher speed, you can visit and subscribe to speed on demand - a service from Airtel where you can increase your browsing speed by paying a nominal charge.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at 121 from your Airtel Landline.

Please note that this is a system generated alert. We request you not to reply to this message.

Another email

from alert@airtelmail.in
to [Available] cxxxxxxxxxi@gmail.com
date Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM
subject 0804xxxxxx0_kk@airtelbroadband.in 122.167.45.173 exceeds 80% of monthly allocated quota and has been redirected.

Dear Airtel Customer,
You have consumed 80% of your high speed data transfer limit of 7168 MB. After 100% consumption, you will be getting a revised speed till the end of the bill cycle (as per the bill plan subscribed by you). You are still on an unlimited plan and all your data transfer remains free. However, after 100% consumption, if you need a higher speed, you can visit and subscribe to speed on demand - a service from Airtel where you can increase your browsing speed by paying a nominal charge.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at 121 from your Airtel Landline.

Please note that this is a system generated alert. We request you not to reply to this message.

Another email mentioning my DL Limit was 40 GB !

from alert@airtelmail.in
to cxxxxxxxxxi@gmail.com
date Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:32 AM
subject 0804xxxxxx0_kk@airtelbroadband.in 122.167.43.100 exceeds periodic quota in the billing-cycle.

Dear Airtel Customer,
You have consumed 100% of your high speed data transfer limit of 40960 MB. Now you will be getting a revised speed till the end of this bill cycle (as per the bill plan subscribed by you) and the speed will be back to normal at the beginning of the new bill cycle. You are still on an unlimited plan and all your data transfer remains free. However, if you need a higher speed, you can visit and subscribe to speed on demand - a service from Airtel where you can increase your browsing speed by paying a nominal charge.

from alert@airtelmail.in
to cxxxxxxxxxi@gmail.com
date Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:38 AM
subject 0804xxxxxx0_kk@airtelbroadband.in 122.167.29.17 exceeds 80% of monthly allocated quota and has been redirected.

Dear Airtel Customer,
You have consumed 80% of your high speed data transfer limit of 40960 MB. After 100% consumption, you will be getting a revised speed till the end of the bill cycle (as per the bill plan subscribed by you). You are still on an unlimited plan and all your data transfer remains free. However, after 100% consumption, if you need a higher speed, you can visit and subscribe to speed on demand - a service from Airtel where you can increase your browsing speed by paying a nominal charge.

I THINK AIRTEL NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP AND THEY MAY HAVE SCREWED UP BIG TIME WITH ACCOUNT INFORMATION , AT LEAST IN BANGALORE !

All is fine for me here in Bangalore.

Try creating a new account on Airtel.in and check if your details are correct.

Try getting a technical guy to talk to you on the phone instead of the dimwits from the customer care division. (just tell them your phone is fine but broadband is down or something...they will transfer the call to them)

Also try sending another message to Care Karnataka instead of 121@airtel.in

Why dont you just walkin in any of the airtel relationship store. I feel that works faster than calling up those monsters.