Major fire in Saravana Stores, Ranganathan Street, T.nagar

• Thread starter Thread starter gautham82
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 2,116

gautham82

ISP
Airtel 2mbps Night UL
Sep 1st was good to many as salary got credited and it’s a day when everyone who get’s paid for their hard end money. But things din’t go well for T.Nagar giant “Saravana Stores”. This morning was usal business for Ranganathan St but then suddenly people and workers in Saravana stores started screaming and running for the lives at 9.00AM as there was a major fire break inside the store. Fire service was informed immediately and swiftly make it to the begning of the steet. They could not enter the street as it was too narro and top of it the newly constructed bridge has been a major barricate and restricted the movemts inside the street. Some saw that there are three people struck inside the building and they are trying to get them out. This horrifying incident is captures live in media channels like Jaya and Sun and shown live.

I saw the news scroll in Jaya tv at 9.00Am today and also huge gusted flames to a height of 100 ft on air. Which everyone who are around 1-4 kms away can see. I saw the dark smoke on my way to office at Saidapet bridge. I couldn’t take any pics as there was huge traffic. One of my uncle is working for Metro waters near T.nagar and he was asked to supply 10-12 lorries of water tanker lorries for rescue. Since there are lots of plastic stuff inside the shop it’s been heard that the fire is caught on other shops aswell. I hope everybody makes their way safe and sound and there shouldn’t be casualities. As of now, the cause for the fire is a short circuit on the switches.

FYi, I heard that after the departure of the legendry owner there are lots of disputed in the family and they have split.

Latest: It is been told that nearly 20 people have got trapped inside the building

Source : Major fire in Saravana Stores, Ranganathan Street, T.nagar | Chennai Metblogs

http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imageupload97719353gw3.jpg