MAJOR Airtel IPTV upgrade on Feb 2?

• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 23,349
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no upgrade...though the channel change time audio screeches and bad visuals are gone...channel changes have become smooth ( for me at least) but I can still see some digital distortions while viewing Time shift programs...maybe because of some recording errors.....The star world programs of 7th feb were still listed as aastha channel programs...there is too much problem with the epg of of time shift channels in airtel iptv....hope airtel resolves those first before attempting any of the claimed upgrades(which anyways are a standard feature with any dth/cas stb)...airtel wakeup...do something for your highest end customers 🙂

the highest end customers are paying the lowest prices for their services? 🙂

I hope they can do the upgrade before the IPL cricket matches start.Would hate it if the service was cr#ppy during IPL. 🙁

the highest end customers are paying the lowest prices for their services? 🙂
1500+ 10.2% tax which other service charges so much for TV 🙂

If you consider that you are paying for IPTV and broadband is an add on service and not otherwise(which is the way you are considering)😛

Just opened IPTV.software upgraded.problem is apart from some cosmetic tweaks like volume control buttons, I am not seeing any major change.I need to play with it a bit. but, the initial impression is, THIS IS what the fuss was all about? 🙁

^^i can see three more changes1.search option available in time shift mode.2.ability to add channels to the favourite list(earlier it had only movies as an option.3.the audio button can be used to change the language on channels like discovery from english to hindi and vice versa.

How do I add TV channels to favorites and how do I access the favorites menu through remote?

press the blue button for channels,select a channel and press blue button to add to favourites.long press fav button on top of remote to flip your favourites.

^^i can see three more changes
1.search option available in time shift mode.
2.ability to add channels to the favourite list(earlier it had only movies as an option.
3.the audio button can be used to change the language on channels like discovery from english to hindi and vice versa.

* If you press the info button and navigate to different channel on the mini EPG and then press OK Now the other channel starts playin ( This was not there earlier)...Also if you navigate to a different programme(by time) on the same channel then you get the reminder placed for that programme...
* You get to set a reminder option through the menu
* You can goto airtel live menu and search for programs
* Pressing the audio buttons selects left/right/both channel where there are no multiple audio streams but changes the audio between English/ Hindi on discovery channel...Sadly this is the only channel where it works none other are yet supported and only two languages ( TS gives upto 4 languages)
* And now the mute button whch was not working on my set has started to work 🙂

i like the new updated mini menus. i wish they update the timeshift and other menus as well.

i like the new updated mini menus. i wish they update the timeshift and other menus as well.

They are also testing the Airtel Logo to be put on the channels 🙁
Check out channel 403 (DD Sports)... The logo comes after a few seconds delay but is same as airtel DTH...and remains for a second when you change to another channel...your doubts are going to be proven right..

Also now channel change delay has increased though the initial changing distortions are gone....its become difficult to press anything else till the channel no. display is on screen after the changing of the channel.

BTW which mini menu are you talking about??

there's definitely more time lag when changing channels which is a big dampener.apart from search nothing excites me.

argh. airtel logo on channels would be bad. i would probably start a campaign 😛 we 10 airtel iptv users on this forum can send in our complaints to the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.