MAJOR Airtel IPTV upgrade on Feb 2?

• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 23,352
Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched from DTH to airtel iptv because i use airtel broadband and the idea of a unified internet/tv service seemed to make sense economically to me.also, that time-shift thing is a real plus for that price.but the EPG on iptv sucks so does the time-lag.inspite of that I will stick with it because it can only get better, hopefully starting with this upgrade.

so what changes do you guys see? 😀

I just started IPTV to check.It hasn't been upgraded as of yet.Please consider posting here if/when upgrade is performed at your end.

I just started IPTV to check.

It hasn't been upgraded as of yet.

Please consider posting here if/when upgrade is performed at your end.

I first thought that it will be in stages, upgrading area by area and the mails will be going to people of one area at a time( as I have not receved the mail till now from airtel, but again being a new customer I might not exist in their database yet 🙂) But it seems pudu123 got the mail first but still hasn't got the upgrade yet from airtel....so Airtel fails once again 🙂

Nothing has changed till now...and in fact the timeshift is not working on star world....all the programs listed on time shift are of aastha channel 😀

In fact the only things that changed were, that there was no more TV guide function...you press the tv guide button and you go to Main screen where all the options are listed.....many channels were showing no signal in the live mode too...eg, zee business (at least 7 or 8 I don't remember the nos. and I don't yet know the channels by their nos. so can't say in the names terms too...you wil have to check on your own)...I wanted to see the grammy presentation on time shift but there is no recording for 1 feb and before...all the data being shown is of Aastha channel and there is a recording expired msg that is coming....could watch the feb 2 recordings though...very bad airtel....and yes itried to call in the CC but after holding the line for 10 minutes( waiting for the CC to pick up)...but only got the recrded msg"You call is important to us".... I gave up....so no resolution of these problems too...as there is no email id where you can send your iptv complaints too. I sent my complaint to the contact mail id listed on the website and the reply was that you have sent the mail to DTH service ..please contact iptv cc on 121...how frustrating.

whoa. i have not checked my tv set till now. i guess i would try watching a little tv now.

IPTV service has gone to the dogs as of this moment. Right now, when I try to watch a channel in Time Shift, it plays in fits and starts. It pauses, fast forwards a few seconds, freezes, then plays.I hope this is a temporary transitional phase.I have not noticed any change in features.Same old cr@ppy EPG. 🙁

looks like i would have to watch house live. they might mess it up too and i would have to miss that episode tomorrow.

right. saw house two days ago. time shift was the same old edition. nothing new in the user interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.