Mail.IN.com will be shutting down on March 4th, 2015

• Thread starter Thread starter icar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 23,195
How to read emails? Just click and read? Does that mean no way EASY way to migrate it to something else? (like gmail/yahoo?)

Twitter gives you a similar export file. BUT the difference is that their edition is a fully functional web app and has JSON files as well. You can even search through your database using their exported data. In.com? This is the worst possible way of offering data export.

And instead of writing code to convert all data in HTML, they could simply have picked up an OPEN SOURCE POP3 server and implemented that.

Further if I wanted HTML version I could have simply used "wget" software and downloaded them all.

On 2nd note it may just be that they themselves used "wget"

Last edited:
yup. they should have opened both pop and imap till march 2015 and let consumers download it directly. or they could just have collaborated with google or microsoft and did server side migration. i bet microsoft would have loved all in.com customers for their outlook.com platform.

Guess what their E-mail / Website says use download manager!!

But their server (or atleast the download page) is NOT supporting RESUMING!!

How in world can download manager resume?!!

It does not even provide size of data (zip). Firefox says "unknown size"

COMPLETE JOKE SYSTEM!

Google Takeout had a similar issue. They kind of fixed it by offering to export your files to Google Drive.

I dont know about Google takeout but this e-mail box of person is almost 4GB assuming that their most e-mails are text e-mails, The size of zip would be around 2GB.

If download breaks, I will have to re-start from ZERO position.

And also since size is UNKNOWN.

How will I know if zip was downloaded completely and connection closed OR download broke in between and connection closed?

I will have to run integrity check on whole thing.

If you have trouble downloading it, I can do it for you. I do have an unlimited 4mbps line that is fairly stable. I can then put it on a platform that supports resuming.

even better. i can do it on the server and make it available from there. should take a few minutes at the kind of bandwidth available to me.

Thanks for the offer! 🙂

And thats what I am planning too!

Ask a friend to download in his office. And either I will take on DVD or I will ask him to upload on his local apache web server from where I can download overnight.

how useful is the backup in the format in.com is providing! i mean you cannot really import it on any other service! and you cannot really carry it around your phone.

Yes but that person has some important communications / attachments.So he needs them as record, just in case needed in future.

He has like 7000 emails.

I wish he had taken my advice 6 years back. Now even I am stuck! (Good relative, so have to help him anyhow)