Mail.IN.com will be shutting down on March 4th, 2015

• Thread starter Thread starter icar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 23,194
ISP
VPN
For your convenience, we have made a provision for all our users who last logged in to mail.in.com on or after December 5th 2013 to download their data. To place a download request, please click here.

Should you have any other doubt, please visit the FAQs section .

oPHIFwf.jpg

I think I had "in.com" email ID, or I am not sure if I had id there 🙂

And just 5-6 years back when in.com was new, a person I knew chose in.com OVER gmail.com! 😀

That time I suggested him NOT to create in.com account but he did not listen!

Now after 5-6 years, many of his important data is on their server.

Plus many official / important sites he has used his in.com account!

Now he will have to change it everywhere.

Just logged into mine and found they have already deleted the data because I didn't login there for over a year. lol.

That person called me to help him transfer his e-mails to Gmail!! 😀

So I checked and SHOCKED that in.com does not give POP access!!! (not even paid one!)

Complete non-sense!

Not offering POP3 (even as premium feature) itself is sign of "DONT USE our service"!!

Dont know. I applied for "downloading data".

They replied via e-mail that download link will be sent within 15 days!! 😀

Yes so to migrate them all to gmail. I will have to first setup mailbox in Linux. Configure in thunderbird. Configure IMAP in gmail and then copy-paste! 100s of e-mails everyday. (I think gmail has limitation of X number of e-mails per day)

Well you can do it using mutt as well (very powerful text based e-mail client)

But I prefer thunderbird as its graphical in nature and u can simply drag-and-drop

So this is the In.com's idea of providing download of your mail. Facepalm.

m3yYfe5.png

And the html itself is in such a bad shape. Like coded by a newbie. Individual mails have no link to go back to the inbox.

they are not giving it out in a proper email format? they are actually giving out html pages of individual emails?