Mail attachment download problems

• Thread starter Thread starter thor541
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,955

thor541

ISP
BSNL Dataone
I have a BSNL dataone connection in Trivandrum.For the past three weeks I have been having a problem I've never had before. I am unable to download mail attachments (MS Access files of size approximately 350 kb).On the same computer I have no problems downloading the same files using an Asianet Internet connection.On the same phone line I can download the files using BSNL dial-up.If I move the BSNL dataone connection to another computer I still cannot download mail attachments.Does anyone else have the same problem? What is the cause?

What do you mean by "unable to download" ? Can you elaborate? Are you getting some error message, or the download breaks in between etc?

Also how/what are you using for email? Gmail? Outlook?

It could just be one of those temporary BSNL DNS problems... if your email is mail.google.com, usually attachment files are stored on another server like abc123.google.com and BSNL routers might not be able to connect there properly...

Try again after some time (later today or after a few days) and report the situation...

Try using OpenDNS (opendns.com) or see if this thread might help -> https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/12136-yahoo-google-blocked/2/#post86794