Madras HC pushes digitisation deadline to 5 November in Chennai

In Mumbai, it was around 70%. Ministry data cannot be relied upon. Local papers are flashing news daily, that so many lakh households are blacked out from November 1. All those who bought it well in advance, are insulated from it. All those who waited for September end or October to start, are telling this thing - we didnt have the product.Please let me clarify, i m not trying to point fingers at u! 🙂 But before the June deadline, some of my relatives actually got digitised, despite the fact that just few days before getting digitised, they saw the news of extension of deadline. It always is advisable in any situation, to be ready in advance, rather than the last minute rush.

Can't u see my LOCATION?

No buddy. I access from tapatalk 🙁

I think 1000Rs is the minimum charged for set top box? Even in hyd where there's no blackout,people are charging just 1000 bucks.

But i have seen I&B afvt on television stating STB cost Rs 799

In Mumbai, it was around 70%. Ministry data cannot be relied upon. Local papers are flashing news daily, that so many lakh households are blacked out from November 1. All those who bought it well in advance, are insulated from it. All those who waited for September end or October to start, are telling this thing - we didnt have the product.

Please let me clarify, i m not trying to point fingers at u! 🙂 But before the June deadline, some of my relatives actually got digitised, despite the fact that just few days before getting digitised, they saw the news of extension of deadline. It always is advisable in any situation, to be ready in advance, rather than the last minute rush.
My brother paid for it 6 months before and still didn't get it. Do u want me to manufacture STB on my own?...LOL

Hahaha! Better move to DTH then! DTH surely wasnt in this bad shape - waiting of more than 6 months! :O

This is something weird, the plan for digitisation has been from a long time and since that time shortage of STBs is quoted.Another weird fact being they are easily available in other cities like Bangalore, no waiting at all.Something is fishy!

My bro already has Tata Sky. But it seems very costly especially when we use more of South Regional channels. To me...i don't care even if it goes blackout. Let me wait for the STB.

This is something weird, the plan for digitisation has been from a long time and since that time shortage of STBs is quoted.

Another weird fact being they are easily available in other cities like Bangalore, no waiting at all.

Something is fishy!
Me too smell it. LCO says there won't be any blackout in Chennai as the govt. itself knows that STB is not available elsewhere.

I am too from Chennai,my cable operator has not even started collecting money for STB,even Dec 31 deadline may get extended .i think!!!

Well then, all i can say is - Something is seriously wrong in Chennai!

Chennai gets 4 more days for TV digitization
A Subramani TNN

Chennai: In its race against time to complete digitization of cable TV services, Chennai got four more days to make the switch with the Madras high court on Monday extending the deadline to November 9.
But the new deadline is unlikely to help as Chennai lags far behind other metros with just about 60% digitization and the Tamil Nadu government has written to the Centre seeking time till December 31 to complete the process.
Authorities had sought more time as there was a shortage of set-top boxes in the city.

Courtesy - Times of India,chennai