mac address on mandrake 10

• Thread starter Thread starter roymario
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,272

roymario

Hello guy's I use 2 machines , One uses a Windoes OS while the other uses a Linux (mandrake 10). On Windoes i use easysify. I cannot log into sify using Linux as the sify client say'z i am not autorised as different mac address could some one pls help by lettign me know where i could get a client for linux which does not bother from which mac address i log in from. Ok atleast help me to spoof mac address on mandrake 10Thank'zRgd'zRoymario

Why not change ur mac id to ur windows mac id when u want to connect ?? or just use a hub to join both of them and use conn sharing ??btw steps to change mac in mandrakeifconfig eth0 downifconfig eth0 hw ether xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xxifconfig eth0 up where xxxxx are ur windows box mac add...Or you can edit startup scripts to automatically change mac at startup ... Btw if have made small home network of ur 2 machines then DONT KEEP SAME MAC on both !!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by power@May 10 2005, 05:07 PM
Why not change ur mac id to ur windows mac id when u want to connect ?? or just use a hub to join both of them and use conn sharing ??

btw steps to change mac in mandrake

ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
ifconfig eth0 up

where xxxxx are ur windows box mac add...

Or you can edit startup scripts to automatically change mac at startup ... Btw if have made small home network of ur 2 machines then DONT KEEP SAME MAC on both !!!!!!!!!
[snapback]9097[/snapback]
[/quote]
hey man can u tell me how to put this thing on start up please ..

for slackware based its done in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet(1,2,3)

for mandrake u have to edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and add a custom line "HWADDR="

here's example
Code:
[root@pii400 root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 DEVICE=eth0 BOOTPROTO=static BROADCAST=192.168.0.255 IPADDR=192.168.0.3 NETMASK=255.255.255.0 NETWORK=192.168.0.0 ONBOOT=yes HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
this should work for you .. however if it doesnt then theres other way to do it

guys I have received 3 sets of ubuntu linux distro at my home which has a installer cd and a live cd in each pack(original cd from Netherlands via post). Has anyone tried this distro to work with sify? and usiing which login client.. please let me know.. I shall install if it works fine with sify.

You have three options of linux clients to choose from (official linux client , official GUI java client, unofficial client by Bhushan Tiwari), probably each of them will work. So go ahead and try Ubuntu 🙂