MAC address cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tikona
My ISP TIKONA allows 2 simultaneous users to access the internet. To connect i have to login to my TIKONA acc from their login page. and when I try to login from more than two device it shows authentication error on the other devices. I need to use internet on more than 2 devices. I guess the ISP distinguishes devices by their MAC address. So is it possible for any router to clone mac address such that all the devices connected to the router gets same mac address. i am not sure if "MAC address cloning" is the term i am looking for.IS it possible to do , And how can i do it
i am interested in TP-Link TL-WR740N
TL-WR841N as my new router, currently i have beetel 450tc1 modem and thinking to replace it. any suggestion

additional info: when I login from my laptop and share its net by making a soft wifi hotspot, all the devices connected over laptops wifi dosent need to login to tikona and can access internet right away. i want to do this with a router

Go for 740N,it will club the routers MAC address and all other devices running through that router would be shown as a single device through the router

Go for 740N,it will club the routers MAC address and all other devices running through that router would be shown as a single device through the router
will i need to configure anything or will it work with the basic configuration of router done acc to the given manual. ( i am kinda noob in these things :clap: )
Thanks for the fast reply:rock:

It's a one time configuration..do it from the CD you get with it. There would be an option to "Clone MAC" while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.