mAadhaar

fsociety guy actually claimed that uidai lost the play store key so it was impossible for them to update the same app. at least that has not happened.

would check on dad's phone tomorrow if bio lock finally works on his phone. i have my doubts.

number based pin is easier because the password requirements were too hard previously and dad always struggled to enter it on the app.

i am guessing fingerprint support is still not added?

Well then reduce the requirements and not restrict to exact 4 digits ONLY

Whoever wants to set 4 digit password allow them (as well)

Why block others who want bigger password for safety?

Btw I was able to add new profile and lock biometric with new app.

Yes I have 2 family members registered on same mobile number. Have to add one more.

But these update centers require that we collect token first in the morning and then come in afternoon again to update. (Bank Of India as well as local post office, both have this policy)

the problem is that it gives you access to aadhaar of another person. so unless banks (and other places) stick to biometric authentication or in-person verification... just imagine what kind of abuse is possible through totp authentication.

another thing. three person limit is still kind of stupid if you are thinking about poor families. you are still asking these families to have at least two smartphones if there are two parents and two kids in the family.

Source

How does maadhaar handle dual sim phone? I haven't seen anything that seem to support profiles for different Sims.

I thought they monitored SMS. So SMS arrival on phone meant that phone has that number.

But in any case - I was just joking over 3 member limit. Had not given any thought about technical possibility.

I am not sure if the app would accept 6 ids on dual sim phones. Not even sure if it would accept aadhaar from two different numbers for three ids it does support.

AadhaarApp is official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to Download Aadhaar, Find Lost EID/ UID, Verify Aadhaar, Verify Mobile, Verify Email, Check Enrolment/Update Status, Find Enrolment Center, Secure QR-Code using your smartphones.

Aadhaar resident portal features are at your finger tips now.

Salient features of UIDAI AadhaarApp :
  • Download Aadhaar : Residents can download the electronic copy of their Aadhaar by providing their EID or UID
  • Find Lost EID : You have lost your Enrolment Slip or Enrolment ID. You can retrieve the same here
  • Forgot UID/Aadhaar? : You have lost your Aadhaar letter or Aadhaar/UID number. You can retrieve the same here
  • Verify Aadhaar : Check if an Aadhaar number is valid or not deactivated.
  • Verify Mobile : You can verify your mobile number that has been declared at the time of enrolment or during latest Aadhaar detail update
  • Verify Email : You can verify your email address that has been declared at the time of enrolment or during latest Aadhaar detail update
  • Check Enrolment/Update Status : You can check your Aadhaar / Update Status, if your Aadhaar is generated / update is completed
  • Find Enrolment Center : To enrol for Aadhaar and to update Aadhaar data, you can find the nearest Enrolment Center.
  • Secure QR-Code : Your information is encoded into this image. Use a suitable QR code reader to read information from the image.

Above features can also be accessed on our portal i.e. https://resident.uidai.gov.in/

Note for Users:
You can register and login to AadhaarApp using any mobile number, but to use most of the features Registered Mobile Number of your Aadhaar number is essential.

Usage Guidelines:
  1. AadhaarApp needs to connect to UIDAI Server to work smoothly. So ensure that internet connectivity is available on your phone.
  2. In case of any issue or query, please write to portalsupport@uidai.net.in

Last edited by a moderator:
ZQ7xPF9.png
DUZuho0.png
611Hkcs.png
cJjzDwK.png
NjOwEH7.png
Csmtfdi.png
JSTRCPe.png
SKdTzo3.png