M2M sim NB-IoT and LTE-CAT-M1

Yes Airtel provides NB-IOT sims, But I haven't used Airtel M2M yet.

But from my previous experience with Vodafone(Now Vi) M2M was good. They didn't have NB-IOT couple of years ago, M2M sims used to operate on normal 2G/3G/4G network with special APN's assigned for a corporate group. I guess Vi also have started NB-IOT in 2020.

Now, since we have ported to Airtel in 2020 we haven't ordered any M2M till now.

@kamathnikhil For what kind of applications do you require M2M.

@devangpatel Thanks for your response.

I lead an engineering team in India and we received nimblelink skywire nano development board from our global team to develop our IoT application for Vechicle Tracking. Now we are stuck because the coverage and availability of NB-IoT or LTE-M are not to be seen anywhere on the internet for India nor getting clarity from service providers about the support. We got one M2M sim with 13 digit number, but it doesn't seem to use LTE-M or NB-IoT.

I got one from IndiaMart for a quick check and avoid serious documentation like COMPANY PROOF with seal and physical signatures (Due to lockdown, no one in a position to visit the office for this stuff) . The online "Chat" on the airtel website said a minimum of 5 sim cards. The problem really has not been the number of sims, but no one at their end with Technical acumen telling - yes airtel has NB-IoT/ LTE-M support.

Make sure india mart seller is trusted one. Also mostly M2M sims are IMEI number locked, which means in user management portal (in my case was Vodafone) we need to enter IMEI number of each device in which the sim was used. Also coming nimblelink skywire nano, does this only support NB-IoT/LTE-M, many IOT modules which I have used had normal 2G/3G/LTE band support.

Yes, the indiamart seller seemed to be ok, like he did not promise NB-IoT/LTE-M. He only confirmed M2M sim and we wanted to check if by default M2M uses the NB-IoT band and fail fast if not the case. Interestingly there is one mention of NB-IoT on this vendor's slides Vts M2m Sim - Airtel Vodafone vi IOT M2M Vts Sim Retailer from Baraut. Dropped a note, need to see what he has to say.

Nimblelink - unfortunately, only LTE-M or NB-IoT.

Hi
-->Currently, I am working NBIoT(BC95-GV) model device.
-->I am using Vi M2M SIM.
What frequency bands does this NBIoT(Narrow Band Internet of Things) Vi M2M card support? Any one use this Vi M2M SIM Please Support me

Thankyou!

We are planning to deploy 5k NB IoT sims in fields. Do NB IoT sims support multi-carrier or roaming support for other network operators? For example, JIO, AIRTEL, and VODAFONE IDEA.

Jio provides NB-IoT SIM cards, but those are Non-IP based data delivery. This means the data needs to go via Jio server to the internet. Also Airtel got a testing setup for NB-IoT in Bengaluru. As both options aren't viable for us, we had prepare our own SDR based tower in our office for our development. Now our SDR works perfectly fine. If you need more details, please write to contact@linumiz.com