M able to download but can't surf smoothly..

• Thread starter Ashish Garg
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 2,060
A

Ashish Garg

Hi all.. I was having D-Link DSL 502T modem with me till yesterday. I have replaced it with sterlite as dsl get's on disconnecting automatically. But, in sterlite m having new problem, m able to download with max speed but when i try to surf (no matter which browser i use) m nt able to surf smoothly. I get "page cannot be displayed" error, I have to refresh a page about 5-10 times to make it load. moreover, wen i m in b/w some page like m writing this post and wen i click submit thread it starts looking up for the page nd can't load it. When i search for it over net i get some intimation that it may be due to tcp/ip properties, May b m able to receive data but can't sent it so smoothly. Please help what should i do.

Vatu

Vatu

Regular
ISP
MTNL Broadband 512 kbps Unlimited
Same Problem with me, Downloading is oK, But can,t browse.Page cannot display error so many times

A

Ashish Garg

Same Problem with me, Downloading is oK, But can,t browse.

Page cannot display error so many times

Problem solved.. Just turn off your firewall..

S

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
Problem solved.. Just turn off your firewall..

Which firewall do you use? Coz the 'solution' you have mentioned is not a solution at all. I use Zonealarm & I have allowed my computers IP as well as the DNS entries to the 'Trusted Zone' in the firewall it works for me. Check your firewall for a same/similar option where you can do the same.

A

Ashish Garg

Which firewall do you use? Coz the 'solution' you have mentioned is not a solution at all. I use Zonealarm & I have allowed my computers IP as well as the DNS entries to the 'Trusted Zone' in the firewall it works for me. Check your firewall for a same/similar option where you can do the same.

I don't knw wat has happen to the surfing speed at dat time, but it's perfect now. i have even turned on my firewall again. :)

G

gadgetcrazy

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 2Mbps NU
I have this problem at times. Gmail wont open in one go, facbook games wont play at times. Dont use a firewall. Using Nod32 antivirus. Dont know whether it has a built in firewall

Z

zeo

Trance junkie
ISP
MTNL DSL NU 849
^ESET Smart Security has firewall but NOD32 doesn't have it.