Lyf Smartphones Slow Charging Problem

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
I have the entry level Flame 1 phone.

The phone cannot be used continuously as a permenent USB tether device. The power draw from PC's USB port is lower than power consumption for 4G data. So we get at most 6 hrs battery life.

Wifi hotspot is a joke. 3 hrs max battery life.

I installed Ampere to measure charging current and it says 200-250 mAh which is pathetic. It remains same even on my Anker 2.4 amp charger.

The Chipset is Snapdragon 210 which officially supports QuickCharge 2

Don't buy Flame 1
Checked!!

Par mehanga 1 baar mein hi puri bhasad daal deta hai.

Now my phone is not charging beyond 80%

Last edited:
go to boot-loader menu volumue up+power key clear cache partition and reboot and charge again see difference if nothing works go to lyf care and ask to flash the old firmware this is last solution i have also facing same problem

I cleared cache partition, uninstalled JIO apps and now the phone is charging battery to 100%.

Magic.

I am almost certain that MyJIO app is draining battery. It must be doing some telemetry kinda stuff. I bet the next update will make that a system app so that we cannot uninstall it without rooting.

I really hope for root. Once rooted, Greenify to save battery and remove all bloatware such Korean Typing, Japanese typing and other sht to regain a considerable amount of space and curb background process.

Does flashing old firmware on Lyf Flame 1 will solve slow charging problem since i have tried all possible chargers i.e 1A, 1.2A & 2A, but in every case charging rate is same. This slow charging prevents the phone to be used on mobile data and wifi tethering simultaneously as the state of charges reduces even if it is connected to a charger.

^^ Exactly. Have they done it on purpose to prevent continuous usage?

Btw anyone have old stock firmware for Flame 1?

I have already tried two different 2A 5V charger but charging rate slow as 1A 5V charger. The main problem is that even if it is a 2A 5V charger the phone wont charge if you are using Mobile Data and Hotspot simultaneously, in fact the battery charge reduces even if the phone is connected to a charger, however on my other phones there is no such problem.

So I visited a LYG service centre and the guy just reset the phone, nothing else. As you can imagine it didn't fix anything.

I think LYF doesn't want to acknowledge the issue.

edit - If you guys want to root it you just need to run Kingroot. There's no complicated procedure or anything. LYF has even provided the option to unlock the bootloader in the developer settings.

Last edited:
@RedskyITM

After rooting, how to go return to stock? Right now we do not have the tools or stock firmware file to go back.

Till then it makes no sense.

I would want to go back to the first version of software which did not have any JIO apps.

Btw whichever charge you use, the phone refuses to charge above 600 mAh