Lucknow people need help - Jio Fibre vs Airtel xstream Fibre

I have Airtel, they pulled a fiber to the house.
I dont understand why you are worrying about Airtels box.

Tachyon is not reliable, the connection goes down often.

@rajil.s I am not worried, but skeptical about Airtel as I have burned my hands with their copper infrastructure. Since I have other options (Jio, ACT which I am already using), better be investigative rather than singing with the "Airtel is the best" chorus. Broadband switching costs aren't huge, but the hassles it entails (wiring, power supply, repeater configuration) makes you think twice. User experiences from friends and family using Jio in Lucknow isn't bad, and the infrastructure they have provided in my area is miles more futuristic than Airtel. Network latency is a bit of issue, probably because they are expanding at a vigorous pace; once expansion stabilizes, I am sure they will improve their backend and servers. Jio's greatest strength is being prepaid, pay when you want to, change plan in any month based on your requirements.

I wanted to confirm the latency issue from Jio hence tested it at 7 PM on 12 Oct 2020 along with ACT pings (ACT is the one with CloudPing written on it). Both connection are 100 mbps, at 2.4 ghz and ACT connection in on a range extender wifi. Given the peak time, latency were higher for both of them, but not too different. Any Airtel user can sent screenshot from cloudping.info in similar settings at peak time would be helpful. I know location is also a factor, so any Airtel Fibre Lucknow user here with the info?

Attachments

• Jio Pings_1.webp
    Jio Pings_1.webp
    132 KB · Views: 300
  • ACT Pings_1.webp
    ACT Pings_1.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 240
In the photos you uploaded, ACT pings look much better. Here are the results from my Jio fiber connection tested right now (9:05pm)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-210725.webp
    Screenshot_20201014-210725.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 255
It should be noted that the difference of 10 to 20 Ms is is negligible in the real world uses

BTW, here are my pings on 2.4ghz bamd
Region Latency
US-East (Virginia) 271 ms
US East (Ohio) 300 ms
US-West (California) 297 ms
US-West (Oregon) 310 ms
Canada (Central) 271 ms
Europe (Ireland) 192 ms
Europe (London) 202 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 189 ms
Europe (Paris) 191 ms
Europe (Stockholm) 226 ms
Middle East (Bahrain) 128 ms
Asia Pacific (Hong Kong) 290 ms
Asia Pacific (Mumbai) 113 ms
Asia Pacific (Osaka-Local) 174 ms
Asia Pacific (Seoul) 165 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 182 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 192 ms
Asia Pacific (Tokyo) 180 ms
South America (São Paulo) 412 ms
China (Beijing) 284 ms
China (Ningxia) 1563 ms
AWS GovCloud (US-East) 283 ms
AWS GovCloud (US) 313 ms

Last edited:
In the photos you uploaded, ACT pings look much better. Here are the results from my Jio fiber connection tested right now (9:05pm)
Yes. ACT services has been good so far. Lucknow has been an exception in the sea of negative reviews ACT has on this forum. My last 2-3 months have been with only one 24 hrs plus outage. Otherwise they drop off for 30 mins/ 1 hr overnight and then get back. Pings are also good, I don't feel any lags on Microsoft Teams calls.

I don't think there are many negative reviews of ACT here. The recent complaint is ACT not revising plans like others, not about service quality. I've used ACT too, just 1 time it was down in 2+ years that I used it for.

I'd prefer Tachyon Broadband / Sikka Broadband over airtel or Jio. Both are indegenous to Lucknow, offer cheaper rates and above all, almost all issues are resolved on the same day of you make the complain before 3pm.

Both Sikka and Tachyon offer CG-NAT same as Jio, although it shouldn't be a problem if you aren't running something like Plex or Apache.

Tachyon is slightly better than Sikka when it comes to competent staff, and can help you even with complicated custom setup.

I'm not into gaming, so can't vouch for pings, but hit me up with the addresses you want the pings for. I have a primary Tachyon connection and a secondary failover airtel Xtreme Fiber connection, so maybe I can guide you.

(TACHYON uses airtel's trunk lines, so there's not much difference in performance speed / latency wise.)

Much like Jio, both Sikka and Tachyon are prepaid, so if you plan to not use internet for a certain time, just don't pay. Airtel is postpaid, so they charge you regardless of your needs.