Lucknow, capital of Uttar Pradesh removed from map of BSNL.

• Thread starter Thread starter gspal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,990

gspal

ISP
BSNL 500Combo 256kbps-2mbps-1.5GB Usage
😡Lucknow and its immediate neighboring districts of Barabank & Faizabad are having lots of telephone and broadband problems for the last six months. There is unilateral action on the part of the SDOs of various telephone exchanges to shift BB connections from P2 (connected via Bangalore) to NIB II (which in local BSNL parlance is P3 server connected via Chandigarh) that has very high latency. This seems primarily because BSNL is unable to relay the P2 cables in accordance to the ever changing Master Plan of these districts what Mayawati bent on changing prime land use for her Ambedkar Parks.Further, with a software update by their NIB (which should be appropriately termed as National Information w/o Backbone) department having gone conky various online facilities have stopped working like checking usage, checking bills online and filing complaints online. We have been given new IDs with password as “password” that are fed into the modem. There are hordes of internal administrative problems too. For the fact 1500 seems to indicate that there is no coordination between the invoicing department and payment received department.Again, having shifted me from P2 to P3, BSNL has stupidly treated me as a new subscriber and, in the bill for April 2010, recharged me with security deposit of Rs. 500 for my existing 500C plan along with installation charges of Rs. 250. Though the bill is payable by June 1, 2010, they have in advance added a late fee of Rs. 10 and included that in the total amount. Instead of giving concessions for the 25 days of April that BB was not working they have given me concession for just 4 days. If you have seen the three page bills of BSNL lately, one can very well enough understand the kind of billing software they are using that has a high risk of errors.It seems that BSNL has too conceded that Lucknow and its immediate surroundings districts of Barabanki & Faizabad are the dens of incompetent officials and to avoid plethora of online complaints, these districts have been removed from their websites. With original copy of bills rarely received by post, not even bills via e-mails (a service that I had registered earlier for) have been coming inThis is customer service BSNL style.

where is that map? Neither I can see the map nor Lucknow or Barabanki removed from that.

Interesting part is I can see another thing :

marcopoloxp. Pl visit BSNL,Karnataka.. and U will come to know that "the Self Care Software is ONLY applicable for UTStarcom (both Type 1 and Type 2), Nokia Siemens Networks(Type 1 ONLY) and ZTE Modems (both Type 1 and Type 2) supplied by BSNL.

Only BSNL Broadband Customers having following Customer Premises Equipment can avail this Service."

If you are using CPE other than that supplied by BSNL like Netgear, then this software is of no use. In cases like myself we were transferred from P2 to P3. While taking BB connection in 1996 I was sold a Huwaei Type II modem that I still use. As mentioned above this modem and others supplied to P2 connections are not supported by BSNL's selfcare software. And as for your pun on the "map", a map here implies BSNL's website. Other than complaining to the DGM & SDO of our telephone exchange for nonprovision of services there is nobody else we can take recourse to as all email addresses of senior officials remain blocked under the pretext of stopping spam. Their office telephones are attended by clerical assistants who note down your problem but never get back with a solution. Can you provide an alternative to help us overcome our dilemma? For the fact my complaint at 1500 of April 4, 2010, still stands in queue even after over a month.

Sorry, incorrect thread for previous post.On another note, looks like we need to come to Lucknow ASAP.

for Billing related problem you meet the AOTR of your exchange .I referred selfcare portal for viewing usage.It has nothing related to selfcare software.

Ping test resulting in Line Quality A? Wow, which area you are from, In Tamilnadu, Ooty I invariably get a D for BSNL and B* for the World Phone Connection.It is really surprising for me to see a Jitter of 1 ms with BSNL. Hope we get the same quality here too.

While taking BB connection in 1996 I was sold a Huwaei Type II modem that I still use.
1996 😕