Low speeds, VPN issues in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter SirCaustic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,289
ISP
ACT
I am subscribed to the 20 mbps unlimited plan of ACT. I access wireless internet through a TP-Link TL - WR841N router via PPPoE. I've been experiencing frustratingly low speeds, which I can't even quantify because speedtest.net refuses to load. On the rare occasion that speedtest.net loaded during such times, I found my speed to be around 10 kBps. I connected my laptop to the cable directly but still experienced similar speeds. When we called ACT they didn't tell us what the problem was but fixed it on their end. For a week our internet connection was fine.

On last Saturday I tried to connect to a VPN using Cisco Anyconnect, but the speed was horrendous on VPN and it even kept getting disconnected every few seconds. This week, intermittently, the speeds were really low.

I called ACT and they said they'd send a technician tomorrow but I am exasperated with the connection now. Has anyone faced these issues before?

I think you should wait for technician because 80kbps speed is unrealistic speed for ACT broadband. There might be some problem at your end.

the speeds on act are always unstable,there have been times where my speeds drops to 2 mbps ,i believe their network is throttled and like any typical indian isp they don't upgrade their servers to meet the demand and one more thing talking to cc is pretty useless ,they always seems to say clear your cookies check your modem and all the useless stuff instead of checking the issues at their side as they are lazy to send a technician

Last edited: