Low speed with MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Gladson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,874

Gladson

ISP
MTNL
I recently took a new MTNL broadband connection (xpresss combo 600 plan) which promises to give a speed of 2mbps. however i'm getting extremely low speed, just 0.35mbps.I have a 450TC1 router and below are the stats. One of my friend who was is having the same plan and same modem is getting much higher Data rate and Attainable rate. Also i have noticed that my Data Rate is constant at 384 kbps.SRS Margin 15.0 25.5Line Attenuation 64.0 43.4 dbData Rate 384.0 253.0 kbpsAttainable Rate 2360.0 889.0 kbpsPower 8.8 11.3 dbmCRC 3.0 0.0 Would be really great if anyone could help me out. i tried the MTNL 1504 and they told me that my speed is correct and to launch a complain on 198. I had launched a complaint with 198 earlier and the person told me that the line is clear. Not sure what should i be doing now. I reside at Mumbai and the MTNL service seems to be pathetic.

Your data rate is the reason you are getting low speeds , It should be 2 mbps down & 512 up , if this happened to me in delhi ,i would have emailed deadsl@bol.net.in, dont know if this works for mumbai too

You seem to be synced at a wrong speed. Write to the email mentioned below, if not resolved escalate it up. Your line attenuation is terribly high & also your snr margin is low. Plus CRC errors also exist. This could also point to a line problem. BTW Are you using a parallel line in your house? Can you tell us what area (exchange) of mumbai you reside in. When you mention your speed what site have you checked on. You can meet the SDE at your exchange or write to the GM/DGM (Broadband) specifying the stats you have mentioned above. That should normally do the trick. If not write directly to the ED telling him you are a new Broadband customer & all what you have mentioned above that should really light them up 😀

You can start with writing to register@mtnl.net.in

Hi,Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using a parallel line in my bedroom. But i already tried attached the modem to the main line in my living room but i'm getting the same reading. i live at Dahisar(W) area.Would it be possible to give me the email ids of the GM/DGM or ED? Or will i have to meet them personally? I think i fall under the devidas exchange at borivali(w).

Disconnect all existing telephones in your house, choose the point that is closest to the source wiring, connect your modem to it through a SPLITTER and then check your line stats. You'll have to get the sync rate corrected anyway.

MTNL policy has always been to send the linesman to the customer’s house to check the line after every complaint. I suppose they have found thru experience that a lot of complaints are due to line problems. Since you say that you are a new broadband customer you will be in the ‘teething trouble’ stage. Let them come & check the line. But your problem is that you have also been synced at the wrong speed too. My personal experience has been a personal visit to meet the concerned people at least once & after that speak to them on the phone. Don’t forget to get their phone numbers if you meet them. Of course not everyone will agree with my method for various reasons. The tel numbers of the SDE & SDE of different locations were not put up on their site. 🙂

dgmbvl@mtnl.net.in DGM (Borivili)

gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in GM (Broadband)
dgmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in DGM (Broad Band)

edmbi@mtnl.net.in ED, MTNL

Second & third email id's designates sit at Prabhadevi. These id's were available on their old site but not visible on the current one. Also I had given them to admin of this forum to add to his wiki which he had but even that seems to have disappeared. 🙁

The wiki here is screwed up. 🙁 It had a lot of useful info before.

Thank you everybody for the valuable replies.

As of now i have sent an email to "register@mtnl.net.in". Lets see if they can resolve my issue. if not, i will go there personally or send emails to the DGM/GM. I will also send email to wecare@mtnl.net.in.

Will also try disconnecting all the other lines and connecting just to the main line.

Hoping to get the issue resolved soon. Fingers crossed.

Thanks everybody for the valuable replies.

As of now i have sent an email to register@mtnl.net.in and wecare@mtnl.net.in. So lets hope i get a reply back. If i do not get a reply than i will send an email to the DGM or GM. Hopefully the email ids work.

I will also try disconnecting all my parallel lines and connect to just the main line.

Will keep you'll posted of the progress.

Thanks again!!

^^

They are the guys who operate the wecare ID, any request posted there is sent to wecare@mtnl.net.in

Though not the right place, you might get some help here as well:
MTNL Mumbai | Facebook

I just now went to this page & found I cannot add comments 😀 WTF. I asked a friend to try it he says the same thing. When I am not logged in I can see the option for adding a comment but not when I am logged in. Is anyone facing the same issue or is it just me.