• Thread starter Thread starter vinayak1986
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,060

vinayak1986

Regular
ISP
BSNL
just switched to bsnl broad(?)band..getting only speeds of 30KB DURING 2.00-8.00...no.iam not talking about torrents..even for my antivirus updates,direct software downloads etc..the connection gets disconnected frequently too..so wy is this?? a line problem??any1 has a similar experience??

yeah.....

i am also having this problem since about 10 days.

i think bsnl guys are choking the bandwidth during the NU time. some of my friends are also facing the same problem.https://broadband.forum/images/smilies/wallbash.gif

once it is past 8.00 bandwidth is back to near 2 Mbps and download speed about 200KB/s.

i am thinking of complaining to BSNL. donno where to complain.

is there something( some software or settings or bypass) we can do by which we can gain normal speed

exactly...immediately after 8.00,the speed is almost back 2 normal..i think its the prob of heavy traffic..between 2.00-8 most guys r downloading big files,hence the drop in speed..dont think the bsnl morons r that smart to reduce the bandwidth..hey do u get frequent dsl link breakdowns??

No connection problems for me. but for my friend he is having frequent disconnections.i am having this 500 plan for over 6 months. i never had this speed problem before. it started only since last week of September and from that day i never had a Normal speed NU time. All the days the download speed was pathethic. and i dont think the number of users have increased by so much in a span of 10 days. i think it can either be some problem with BSNL equipment, due to which they routing all customers to the same bandwidth or server for this 2.00-8.00 time limit. or they are deliberately limiting the speed. will have wait for a couple of days to see whether this problem gets rectified by its own or will have to take this issue to the resp authorities.BTW, Since when r u having this speed problem???....Are other users (other places, states) having similar problem?

ya i think the 1st of ur guesses might b the reason..i noticed a constant speed of 32KB while downloading with my download manager..it is actually the good old 256kilobits!! i got dataone this friday only..the downloads were slow on both the mornings..and ya,i dont think there r many people using dataone here in kottayam...but if the speeds dont improve, iam a total looser..cuz i convinced my parents to take dataone,telling them about the big no of movies,mp3 etc to b downloaded..u had good speeds while downloading earlier?? what did u get? about 150KB/s?? (with torrents)??

hey hows your speed now?did u make any changes to ur modem settings as described in the other thred " help need for utorrent".

I have one question for everyone what is the use of broadband if it cant handle heavy traffic. :frown:

Just cutting in Line Bhai ..... I was using dataone for last 2 years before shifting to tata Indicom. I guess .. BSNL speeds Drop hugely on two occasions in past:1. if their backbone (under water cables) got damaged.2. If they are doing Testing for some new plan or equipment or setups.I think its a phenomena that will sort out itself in couple of days.

i have never faced a problem of disconnect for me .....................cool but my download limit is fixed i have 500 plan 2mbps(220kbps) buti never get that speed i am just getting 1mbps(120kbps) thats it ...........i got ever disconnected

no not for me, my download speed is same in the free hrs also, even the link-removed free service is also fast for me
snapshot

dataone now rocks for me!! i downloaded a torrent at 200KB today morning... the problem of frequent disconnections is also rare now...thanx everyone who helped me in this thread..THANXXX!!!

HELLO FRIENDS :ashamed:,
I AM NEW TO BROADBANDFOURM AND THIS IS MY FIRST MESSAGE. I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE................................HELP ............ ME.....
I AM FROM PUNJAB MY VILLAGE IS 3 km FAR FROM EXCHANGE OF BSNL
BEFORE 2 MONTHS I WAS USING 500 PLAN FROM SERVER 2 OF BSNL BROADBAND......THE DOWNLOAD SPEED WAS GOOD ALMOST 1.5 mb.....
BUT I WAS FACING SOME CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF SERVER 2
.. I COMPLAIN THEM ABOUT IT.... THEY CHANGE MY CONNECTION FROM SERVER 2 TO SERVER 1............ NOW MY CONNECTIVITY PROBLEM IS OK..
AND MY INTERNET CALLS WITH MESSENGERS ARE ALSO GOOD NOW
BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM I AM HAVING NOW IS MY DOWNLOADING SPEED IS VERY SLOW NOW....... ITS ALMOST NEAR BY 40 KBPS OR 50 KBPS. :frown:..... SOME TIMES IT GOES TO 60 KBPS........ BUT 45 KBPS MOST OF THE TIME. I HAVE ALSO TRY TO CHANGE MY PC AND MODEM BUT RESULTS WAS NAGITIVE 🙁 ............... PLEASE HELP ME GUYS :huh:...THIS IS MY CONTACT MANN_JATT_KADU_VATTT@YAHOO.COM .... I SHALL BE VERY THANK FULL TO YOU FOR THIS ACT OF KINDNESS 😱

I'm also not having any problem..
i can constanly touch 160kBps for good seeded torrents,

UTorrent D/L.............. Connection Bandwidth ............UTorrent Upload speed
. .................................(download,upload)

One of my friends with BSNL broadband, just 2 kms away from my house, his connection is from a diff bsnl exchange(of the adjacent area). His download speeds just wander around 65-70KBPS.
I feel like, his exhange has more no.of broadband connections. I don't know exactly

does your LAN read any limited connectivity?