Low SNR Margin & High Line Attenuation

• Thread starter Thread starter fre3ze
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6,316

fre3ze

ISP
Hathway/MTNL
I got an MTNL triband 512 kbps unlimited connection last week and its not been working fine right from day one (frequent disconnections, slow browsing etc..). I've got a few questions and was hoping if some one could help me out them.

- After checking the router page (screen shot below) I see that the Data Rate (Downstream/Upstream) are 2048 and 262 kbps respectively. If i have opted for a 512 kbps connection how can my data rate be so high ?

- I've got an intercom system at my place but i managed to get a direct parrell line for my ADSL connection, but inspite of having a direct connection how can my SNR Margin be so low and my Line Attenuation be so high ? I have even checked with my line man and he says everything is fine with the line.

Is it because I've take 2 parrell wires (One for my Intercom and One for my Modem) or is it something else that is causing a problem ?

Any thoughts ?

Uncheck Annex M in your modem settings.Also adsl2+ and select Gdmt or adsl2( see under Advanced options )All telephones MUST be connected ONLY in the PHONE PORT of ADSL splitter.For a Parallel phone connection elsewhereuse Additional ADSL splitter.Recheck SNR etc.Confirm you have installation Cd/User manual for sterlite modem.Give details: model number .How far , you are from the Exchange ? distance more than 6 Kms?

^^ try and let us know !
are you in Mumbai? if yes how far are you from your tel exchange?

----------

if u fail in above then reset the modem and try again... reset button is behind the modem which you need to press for 5 seconds when modem is ON.