Low ID on Edk Network on Emule on SIFY

• Thread starter Thread starter frustrated
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,116
inetbum, tried that , its just the firewall that my cto has put , this has to be illegal , noone else here seems to have a fireall put up.

putting up a firewall is illegal? never knew about that 😉

Some CTOs have started to install firewalls, I guess due to the malicious worms that spread easily within their LANs with clueless internet users not installing firewalls on their own PCs.And this brings with it closed ports on the CTOs firewall, to open up which we would have to argue and haggle with them :-|

CTOs should rather start providing patch updates on their local server. Make a proper intranet from where patches, and antivirus updates can be downloaded fast.

Sushubh illegal as in , its put up somewhere & not somewhere , the rules must be similar everywhere ,if im firewalled bloddy hell everone should be

In my opinion firewalled LANs with their closed ports belong to corporate networks. You are paid to just do your job and not do anything when you are using a corporate network. But here we are paying Sify so why should they blockade services for us and make things difficult? They are just harr@$$ing their customers more. It's like using a canon to blow out annoying flies. "We fear viruses and worms so we will block pings and close ports", sez Sify.

firewalls are supposed to stop malicious code from freaking out ur system. ISPs use them to block ports used for P2P.

Sify shouldn't touch the CTOs' gateways to install firewalls on them. A firewall brings alongwith security, restrictions too, and when they are imposed in a blanket fashion on all of a particular CTO's customers then it's not looking after the customer's security but rather not letting him have his money's worth.We all can install our own firewalls and antiviruses on our computers and configure them the way we want. Who is Sify to dictate us what to do? Sify has got it all wrong. They have no understanding about the way an Internet Service is provided.

i think we must have a look at this onceLancast: saves bandwidth and increases download speeds in dual network capacity environments (your PC is on the internet, but also on a LAN with other eMule clients). Your client will discover other local/LAN sources and will upload to these clients above your client's normal upload limits, using multi-cast. Useful for people who share an Internet connection with other eMule Plus users (student networks, home networks and Metropolitan Area networks as long as they support multi-cast data).option is available in new eMule Plus 1.1bgive it a try

rthanx firoz , this looks intrestingbtw... the sify guys opened up ports ..after i called the helpdesk , apparently the local sify in mumbai in my area had put it up.

I have been using emule and bitcomet very much when i was using another isp broadllyne now broadllyne sify have some tie up or something.I got sify yesterday and only bitcome was working ,emule did not work.I USED TCP PORT: 4242UDP PORT:4672.TRY IT I GOT !!!!HIGH ID!!!! IN MINE PREVIOUSLY I GOT LOW ID IN BROADLLYNE.i COULD ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE 100% OF MY SIFY CONNECTION.WOOOHU.