lost your mobile phone ?

• Thread starter Thread starter dsneih
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 11,640
@jymn2005i didnt do it so some1 is grateful to me... but i did because i know how it feels when u lose ur mobile esp.. ur important contacts...it just messes up life for atleast a week.

this is something i really like about android. contacts is backed up on your google contacts. on most other platforms, i believe you have to backup manually (including iPhone).

Rock
Thats a fitting "Punishment" for stealing a phone!! 😀

amish
Sorry, actually i mistook Sushubh's post for ur post!! 🙂

this could be the reason most people would not return the phone even if they just simply found it 😛

🙁

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

this is something i really like about android. contacts is backed up on your google contacts. on most other platforms, i believe you have to backup manually (including iPhone).

Yep, for Nokia -Symbain, it is this painful task - and it takes eternity, when u are in a hurry, and want to do it up quickly.....

Especially 1 task - Creating Model specific backup takes up 50% of the total progress bar & takes 95% of the Actual time taken!!

ummm.. its not just abt contacts though.(Nokia sync also helps)... but its also abt important SMSes, important pics and videos (some do business by showing items via phone or demo videos)now all that u cant backup everytime on PC because items keep changing, demos keep changing.plus u have to restore all ur favourite MP3s back...(ok not so important but time consuming)

Dont know about messages.....but i think Pics n Vids can easily be backed up anytime....especially if u store on ur Memory card.And for me - its not an issue at all - coz whatever i need, i download on my PC & then transfer it to my Phone!!

ah well. i do not want to start praising android for this. contacts is automatically synced up. that is something very nice of course. SMS is not supported by default on android. but i do believe that you might be able to sync back photos and videos on picasa web. not sure though. 🙂i hope that all smartphone devices provide facility to automatically backup the phone OTA without any user intervention. HTC Sense i believe has this functionality. it would support all HTC devices (WP7 and Android).

I tried it - and removed it then & there, coz it asked me for "Credits" to download songs......whats the difference between them & the other sites that provide song downloads for money??

i am not sure if Nokia still has their program named comes with Comes With Music service.

but they do offer a subscription based access to millions of songs. not sure if its available here in india.

i was talking about the backup, restore and update process using ovi store. too painful.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

i do believe that symbian 3 has support for OTA updates. someone confirmed it on the forum.

I havent tried that thing!!I just backup my Phone memory contents occasionally via Nokia PC Suite.....

I havent tried that thing!!

I just backup my Phone memory contents occasionally via Nokia PC Suite.....

Even I used to do the same when I had Nokia N73. Finally dumped it for Galaxy 3.

this is the main reason don't want to spend too much on phones .. with all data loss .. it cost us to buy new one .. 🙁 ..