Lost my password

• Thread starter Thread starter arkr1981
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 8,653
Normally password is password as few people mentioned above. Since i had a tough time after changing the password, i couldnt use it. what would have happened was, your password might have got locked by trying all the different combination. Normally they sent a mail to the bsnl.in mail id with all the information (16 digit username/password to login to see usage statistics, and email-id/password, router-modem username/password (pppoe) !! Why they made you to dial from computer as it can be stored in router/modem itself ? Shout at them... Scream at them.. All the best arun !

Now-a-days they seem to give an intimation letter to customer. { dataone account intimation from the divisional engineers office} at the time of installing the connection, and usually it contain all the information needed to login... But i didnt get it in the first place, and had to fight even for that. And when i got it had all information other than passwords for email and userid. And when i enquired they said its because im having home UL, and that other customer is not supposed to know the passwords...Finally after a lot of talking i got the password for my email but not the one needed to login into net..Yeah if they have stored it in the modem these problem wont have happened and if i needed them i could have retrieved from the router. Will they give that 14 digit stuff to know the usuage to UL customers...Yeah i know the id it was there in the dialer and in the intimation letter so no confusion about that.. . 🙁😕 hm.. i think i ll have to wait till monday.. luckily i still have the airtel's mobile internet..xyz123" too didnt work...🙁Thanks a lot...

@arkr1981 If you don't send email complaints , the staff will not be warned and will carry on as usual. ( expecting something ?)Just show the email you sent, to the staff visiting you on Monday. & ask them to connect your modem in "Always On" mode. or Demand the password details.

i have registered a complaint and emailed to some senior staff.Hope everything will be fine by tomorrow.

who the hell they are to force customers to use the modem in 'always on' mode? Just thrash them, abuse them. Then meet the area manager.Ask for the password in a letter which is the practice.you may have to threat him about reporting to higher authority.

@/mrbgupta/

to force customers to use the modem in 'always on' mode?
misunderstood. I suggested this (see my post 9 &18 ) to extract the password from the modem, in case the staff create problem again for @arkr1981. He may like the dialer mode for torrents etc.
Anyway hope all will be normal by tomorrow evening.

hI guys,Finally a guy { SDO or E } whatever he came today and typed the password into the dialer. He said its the bsnl's new policy not to reveal the user id password to the customer..🙂Gm or someone from divisional office called later and asked whether im getting internet.. I said everything is fine, except for the password thing. He told me that passwords are usually given to the customer..And asked me to clarify with the other officer..Hm.Can anyone please tell me a way to get the password from my computer.??? Is there any way?? I'm really thankful to all of you for all the suggestions and advises that you all gave me..My modem is not in always on mode. So password is not in modem. It has to be found from the computer any idea??🙁

Man...This is a strange policy. The customer should't know his/her own password!!! :rofl:

Its for home UL customers only.... I havent seen any written documents saying so.. Its just the Help desk people {1957} and JTO ans SDO who is saying like that.. WHAT TO DO??do ou know of any way by which i could get it from windows ?? revelation software wont work as its not in "****" format in the dialer..

@Something strange going on in your BSNL office.
1.Did you ask for 14digit portalID and password to check your usage ?
2. Anyway try this program. and report success.
Password Revealer
WARNING :
I would advise you to create another dummy dialer with some name and password "Godhelp" and try the program. I will feel very sad , if you loose Internet connection again , by any chance using this program . Or wait I will try and let you know in another fifteen minutes.
Update 0528. Not workin in a dummy dialer.
Try Program suggested by Cool_techie_tvm same way in a dummy dialer

@arkr1981 Tried OK ?@/cool_techie_tvm/ This program given by you earlier works.
UPDATE : 0600pm. success ! Working fine. Just move the circle to the password column.
http://www.snadboy.com/RevelationV2.zip

------------------------------------------------
Program: dialupass2.
Tried. Does not allow me as Administrator ( with blank Password) or user xxxxx also with blank password.
In context menu selected "run as" and selected different options. "this user" admin xxxxx
I don't want to enter any password for XP pro Sp2, and if I forget it , will face serious problem to get laptop working again !
Advice after trying it to member/arkr1981/

Dialupass wont work for me since, in my dialer he had clicked the option save the password only for " me" option. So when i log in as administrator there wont be any password in the dialer so i can't log into net. Without logging into net i wont be able to see the password... About revelation software.. Its never going to work since there are no "****" instead its "To change the saved password,click here" in the dialer.. So it also no going to work...🙁

Yes . You are right. tried in my working dialer. But program is good.Better send emails to BSNL telling them that you want "always on "connection, to enter in the modem. It is your right to know your PASSWORD.