Lost my password

• Thread starter Thread starter arkr1981
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 8,658

arkr1981

ISP
BSNL
Can anyone please tell me the usual format of the bsnl passwords .. Say if my username is ARUNKRISHNAN.. what will be y password..im having a home UL connection. Siemens C2110 is the router. The official said that according to their new policy they wont say the passwords to the user and will only type in the computer. Is it like that in everywhere for Home UL users?i had to format the computer when asked them to come and type my password again they asked me wait till monday. When i tried to retrive the password from the router with hyperterminal what i got back was the command i type.. adslpwdv10061101 tried this software.. and even tried backuping the stuff in my router.. there is nothing other than the usual admin/ admin...So its not there in the router.. so can anyone tell me the usual format by which Bsnl people give the passwords for the connection..Please help...Is it like this with every home Ul customer or is it some new pattern??Please help?

The official said that according to their new policy they wont say the passwords to the user and will only type in the computer.... I would love to meet this guy. U have been misinformed, dear friend. Its not like that everywhere.

here the bsnl guys have a register in which everyone's ID & password are written.from this they look to give username/password & portal id.

Then why is it that the passwords are not there in the intimation letter they gave me? I got the password for my email after i complained to the customercare.. but even they told me that passwords for my id wont be shared with customer.. Should i complain? will it be of any use?? Any idea what might be the usual format of user id?? In between im from kerala

Open In IE or FF the modem page having the password.If you want to change the password you must have a 14digit portal ID, to check your usage. and your UserID password can be changed only there. In context menu clcik show page source. or html code Save that page.IN FF the password will appear in plain language. IE i have not tried.(Credit to : contributer in IBF netfreak ?)

i got the password for my email.. But not the one needed to log into the net.{ the password we needed to dial in its not given} . .. .. Any idea how they set the passwords?? otherwise they might help me on monday? Why is this new policy? Can anyone else use my id and password from their phone to log into internet???

Can anyone else use my id and password from their phone to log into internet?
In Kerala it may not be possible. depends on your town's exchange .
What is your worry ? You have UL connection. even if somebody can use it you need not pay!!
1.Are you connected to Internet in "always on mode " ?
2.Do you use a dialer to connect to Internet ?
3.The password for email ID abcd@ bsnl.in will be most likely your password in the modem.
4. Did they give you a 14digit portal ID and another password ? not needed for checking usage , but nrequired for changing UserID password.
5. Did you try my suggestion for getting the password ?

Which part of Kerala are u from? There isnt any need for them to be secretive about your username and password. And BSNL does something known as port binding. Your credentials can be used from your telephone line only. Thats what port binding implies. So even if u distribute your credentials, its practically useless for others.

I have replaced xxxxxxxx for my password here clearly seen in plain language in FF.
UPDATE 0755 pm Can be seen with IE browser also.
Tried In SmartAx Mt882 modem just now.
-----------------------------
If you are using a dialer difficult.( do not change if saved earlier in the dialer)
class="password" name="EmWeb_ns:vim:3.ImServices.rfc1483-0.2:weLoginPassword" value="xxxxxxxx" size="30" maxlength="63">
_f_=document.forms[document.forms.length-1]; var g_ctrl_weLoginPassword=_f_.elements[_f_.elements.length-1];

Im not worried about another person using it.. But because i cant use internet. Why is it that they didnt give me the password? Even customer care people is saying like passwords of the account wont be told to the customer. And then the people in th exchange said the same. And asked me to wait till monday when she ll try and send some one to my house so that they ll type the password into my computer. why is it like that? what made them say like that? Why cant they give me my password? Im fron chengannur { Karakkadu }I have to dial using Siemens c2110 router to get connected to internet, where i have to give my username and password like in a dial up connection. I did try my emails password for my connection and its not working.🙁Any other suggestion as to what might be the password like? They didnt give me anything other than the emails password....that too after a lot of talk.. may be because of their ignorance..My emails password is not the one for getting the net connection...Any other suggestion??

U can try 'password' without quote as your password.new users are being given this password.Hope you have not changed your password.

hm.... i tried various options like location is say "alappuzha" and the id is say "thecoolone" they will assign a default password as "ALATHE123", tried "password", Name of telephone holder = Sachdev Sen, Telephone no. = 27453258, then PW = sach3258.. All the above didnt work...My password for email is in this format , ie the id is say "thecoolone" password given to me for Accessin email was "the123". but even then "alathe123" didnt work for my user id...any more guesses...?? please help..

password can't be any name or number.tried xyz123?r u sure know the id correctly?