• Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,143
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddycool

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I am starting this thread in the hope that my experience will avoid grief for many subscribers not only of Tata Docomo but all operators. Bear with me for a while and I will make it worthwhile for you.
As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, I ported from !dea to Tata Docomo. My application was submitted on Dec 10th, 2011 at the gallery next to Bandra Police station on Hill Road, Bandra, Mumbai. Just to clarify, I do not live in Bandra. Nor in Mumbai any more since I relocated to Pune a few months ago. But my number is a Mumbai number.
All went well at first and my port got complete on 15th. I started get all services. Suddenly, on 23rd morning, all my outgoing services got barred. On calling CC, I was told it was because my docs have not been received. Now we all know that all companies CC has standard answers for everything and this is one of them. Their solutions were; a) go to that same "retailer" and follow up with him, b) go to any other retailer and submit another set of docs.
I was very sick and in bed since 22nd morning and was in no mood to do as they suggested. I was in Pune and the gallery was in Mumbai. I also remembered that I had a similar experience with loop for a new connection some 5 years back. So I wrote to their CC and also to the nodal office along these lines.
1. I submitted my docs at a gallery that had the Tata Docomo name prominently displayed. In exchange for verified docs, they gave me a starter pack with SIM card. This is an acknowledgement that Tata Docomo authorized rep has received my docs.
2. It is not my duty to go research where my docs have got stuck within their organization. How can I, an outsider do it, if they can't locate my docs from inside?
3. The copies I submitted were of my passport. Their rep could have sold my docs to a passport forger who can make a fake passport in my name with someone else's photograph. This causes me great concern.

In view of the above, I care a damn for your connection. I demand to know where my documents are. I also ask you guys whether you suggest I should lodge a complaint at the nearest police station that my passport copies have been lost by your company.
I sent out this email on Christmas day. As I said, I was pretty sick in bed and so the delay from my side. I got an acknowledgement from the nodal office on 26th and 27th afternoon, my phones were working again.
I still sent out a follow-up email to the nodal office asking the status of my docs and they confirmed my docs were found.

Suggestion: If ever you are faced with a similar situation, do not dance to their tune. Make them dance to yours. They certainly will.

Let me assure you that this kind of issue is with all operators and not exclusive to Tata Docomo. The only operator who does not have this issue is MTNL because they accept applications directly at their own offices.

Don't believe them that they have received your document..they might be saying because Passport is involve, go to docomo site and register your number and create an account..inside your account page you can check whats the address..if everything match with your passport then only you can believe them.

Same as my experience mentioned here - https://broadband.forum/tata-docomo/74511-outgoing-calls-stopped-tata-docomo/
Even I after submitting documents at their 'official' store, I suffered loss of service for few days. But the representatives at their office were not concerned of my problem and in cool manner replied that it happens, and service would resume after documents reach office. Thankfully service did resume next day. But it all happened after 7 days of submitting documents.

I would not be surprised if TATA DOCOMO BOT replies to us to chat online 😀

I would not be surprised if TATA DOCOMO BOT replies to us to chat online 😀

That exactly came in my mind 8 days ago when I was chatting with Docomo guy..I have thrown some stupid questions to verify either its boat or human..He was Human I concluded! 🙂

Listen mine:I asked to port one of my prepaid Idea number to Docomo postpay. The store Guy took my documents and Deposit Money.when i went back to check whats the status. they have no idea what happened. He's requesting me to Re apply and later if it doesn't happen he will Refund the deposit. Holy shit I didn't they are all this Stupid.

@Daddycool until you know someone from Tata Docomo might not be easy to solve this...easy solution submit the documents again and get over it...hope they dont screw your documents which they lost. TRAI should come out with some rule against this what does TRAI do anyway ?Same thing happened with me for MTNL when I was taking new connection my no. was barred and cc told me your documents were not submitted. To make matters worse the dealer kept telling me MTNL is lying and MTNL kept saying dealer is lying.like that around week went without service I ended up wasting my time with both of them later dealer admitted he has not submitted the documents and then I complained against him since even after 1 week nothing happened finally things gotted sorted out but it was not nice and was a headache !

My documents were found. I registered for Account Services and it showed my correct address.@anant - submitting docs again was not an easy solution in my case. Scaring the life out of them by being the innocent victim was by far the least effort and fastest result plan. And I don't know anyone in Tata Docomo. Secondly, AFAIK in Mumbai no dealers accept MTNL applications. MTNL is only accepted at their own offices.@SVK - I remember your case because I too had participated in your thread. I think we consumers should gang up and refuse to resubmit documents and make them responsible for their safety.@audioslave - I am sorry but you should have held them responsible. The moment they hand over the starter pack to you, it is an acknowledgement that they have received the required documentation from you. Now it is their responsibility.

I have had experience of Tamilnadu Aircel asking me to re submit documents 3 times in a period of two years.( it was pre paid and I use it more in roaming and not spend that much. only old contacts calling me in that no) last time when they pulled the same trick ...I was travelling and did not go to their office again with in the stipulated date with documents.They stopped the sim and I have to run pillar to post to get back the same no, but existing balance rs 200 or so gone. application fee for re issuing sim with same no rs 100... day light robbery. I have no energy or time to port to BSNL or reliance GSM.

In april i had ported from uninor to airtel. In october i got an Sms that " Your CAF is not submitted and in 2 days as per the instructions from DOT, your no will be disconnected". i called the CC and toldIf CAF is not submitted, one cannot become a customer of the company as simple as that. the CC told, they are asking every airtel customer to resubmit it (obviously it was fake) i thought let them disconnect, i will screw them. The Sms kept repeating for 3 days and afterwards it got stopped. The connection is still working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.