Loop To Idea mobile number portability on prepaid rejected due to Lifetime validity!!

• Thread starter Thread starter realmccool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 37,337
Guys what can be done here, all complaints to nodal officer,loop gallery customer care have fallen on deaf years.

Its better to forget MNP and switch operators by dumping the no.?

Thats what we would have done if MNP hadnt come..what they told you?

This is what loop has replied after my friend sent a mail to nodal officer..

14th February 2011

Dear Subscriber,

Ref: Loop Mobile Prepaid No. XXXXXXXXXX

This is with reference to your communication addressed to us with
regards to your porting out related concern.

In response to your mobile number portability related concern, we wish
to clarify that the reason, for which the porting application was
rejected, due to insufficient balance.

In lieu of the same, we would appreciate if you could kindly do a
recharge of Rs.10/- on the said account.

We do value your decision to choose a preferential Operator while
retaining the existing mobile number. In the spirit of freedom of choice
of number portability, we have in good faith, accepted your choice of
porting request accordingly.

We wish to apprise you that, the port out request sent by you generated
the UPC code XXXX, has already been expired.

In lieu of the same, we would request you to kindly recommence your
porting request by sending sms "PORTmobilenumber" to 1900 and on
receipt of the UPC code kindly visit the respective operators gallery
within the given validity date for submission of documents.

Now he has recharged for amount rs10&sent the a new UPC code to docomo..

Lets hope for the best...:imwink:

Hello Sir, I hope you will help me as you are the only option available for me now.I'm so fed up that i'm actually crying. I have been going through horrendous torture fm Loop and its utterly disgraceful and pathetic customer srevice. Cant tell you how pathetic it is. They keep disconnecting calls and no follow up is made even after the promisses. I dont want to metnion my prev complaints as they are of no use to me any longer, Plz help me in moving out of loop mobile. I want to go onto vodafone or airtel. I have an airtel number as well and they are providing me a better service. However, I’m still compelled to use loop as i cant let go my number which is 9870######. I had this number with Loop for the last 4 years, I had requested for number portability but they refused it saying that I’m a prepaid lifetime customer. There are no clauses as such laid down by TRAI.Forget it..i called up cust service and after 4 – 5 disconnected calls…one gentleman completed the call. He asked me to change the plan to a base plan which i did so that i can complete the port out. Now, I’m getting charged 1 rupee per call and text which is okay as long as i can move from loop to airtel asap. I requested for number transfer again after changing the plan. But, they again refused it saying that i cant because of the change of plan. But I was asked to change the plan by the cust service itself. I called up the cust service but they are refusing to take my calls. Sometimes, they give the excuse as server down and the some times they just disconnect the cal.Finally after 2 - 3 days, one colleague completed my call. They are saying me that i cant port out because i have just changed my plan. I will now have to wait to wait for 90 days and then they disconnected the call. This is ridiculous. They asked to me to change the plan to base tariff after my first port out request was cancelled. They promised me that it will be ported out immediately after i change the plan to base tariff. Now, they are asking me to wait for 90 days. This is ridiculous. I had this number with Loop for 4 years. I spoke to their senior and they are telling me that they introduced a new rule in which the cust cant port out for the next 90 days after they change their plan. They are saying that this rule was introduced just after my port out was requested. This is so insane.As per trai, you need to wait for 90 days only ater mobile number activation and i activated this number 4 years back. I had enough of them after facing innumerable problems with the, Call drops, unknown charges, no refund even if proved to be incorrect charges, very bad cust service( cant tell u how bad it is). Plz help me as i want to go to Aitel. The main reason for this ( apart fro, the torture i face from loop) is that I can access the Internet on my phone ( palm pre) only using airtel or vodafone SIM card. No other network supports internet on these phones.Waiting for your favourable reaply.Pradeep P.