Loop To Idea mobile number portability on prepaid rejected due to Lifetime validity!!

• Thread starter Thread starter realmccool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 37,336
well i didnt know that.. as i never read such thing on their website.. i remember reading a line stating that for lifetime customers, any validity recharge wud give a full talktime.but i cant find that page anymore on their new website (infact not a single page abt lifetime)

as said before, there are always some recharges to go away with lifetime validity. But senseless to reject the mnp for that

they need some reason dosent matter it make sense .. but good there is way out of it ... i don't think many is aware of such 151 top up .. and i don't think they will ever make it public ....

and yeah site is real mess .. its to confuse the customer ...

i don't think many is aware of such 151 top up .. and i don't think they will ever make it public ....

i second that..they wont even let anyone know about this recharge...

I had complained about their stupid redesigned website, a joker called me up & asked me to repeat the entire Ramayaan again & after hearing the whole thing he gave me the regular platitudes & nothing has happened since. 😀 I now seriously think its a new company policy about operations.

Here's a workaround for loop users..send UNSUBLIFETIME to 50505 to convert to limited validity. Do it withing UPC code validation date hopefully the Mobile Number Portability request should go through.After that send Minivalidity to 50505 to extend validity for each day at rs 3/day till yr number is ported.I know it sounds stupid but thats the only way outThat's what I was told by a guy who works at loop..

Here's a workaround for loop users..send UNSUBLIFETIME to 50505 to convert to limited validity. Do it withing UPC code validation date hopefully the Mobile Number Portability request should go through.

After that send Minivalidity to 50505 to extend validity for each day at rs 3/day till yr number is ported.

I know it sounds stupid but thats the only way out

That's what I was told by a guy who works at loop..

so my msg should be minivalidity (no of days)&send it 50505.

Its a ploy to fool customers.. I have 2 loop nos. I have sent "UNSUBLIFETIME to 50505" on both of them . I received sms yr service will be deactivated within an hr. Waited 6 long hrs nothing happened. Called customer care "they run the same old tape" no point.So it seems they are aware of it and don't want to let go of subscriber. Better to wait for 7 days...and see if u get reply from 1900..else complain to the port in operator (in my case Idea) let them handle it as all documents have been handed to them.

I moved from Tata Indicom (CDMA) prepaid lifetime to Vodafone prepaid without any problem. So lifetime customers are not supposed to be slaves of crappy service providers for their full 'lifetime'.Has anyone here, who is facing problems, thought about sending a legal notice through a proper lawyer to the CEO of the culprit company? I understand that legal notice will cost Rs 2000 (minimum) but if someone has a friend or a relative who is a qualified lawyer then it can be done for free. I have experience of using legal notice to move the crappy service providers in the past. A few legal notices will definitely tell these companies that customers are not happy being jerked around.

Just received an sms from 50911 it says ,MSIDN : 987XXXXXXXMessage type : port outDeactivation Time : nullMessage : GenPortOutConfirmation RecievedEarlier I recived an sms stating that port had been rejected "due to contractual obligations" . I called customer care and gave them a piece of my mind..I was told yr matter would be resolved within 4 hrs as matter is escalated.Then I get this message.So does this now mean..that port out has been accepted ?

Its official ,received SMS " Port out rejected due to contractual obligations" .Seems they are in no mood to release subscribers,

contractual obligations! i believe there are no contract connections sold in the indian market 😕 Apple iPhone on airtel and vodafone do have a soft contract of one year. airtel and vodafone are supposed to unlock your phone after a period of 1/2 years. but there are still no formal contracts 😕

Awright. These Operatrs shud be sued in some or the other way for taking the freedom of a customer. Contacting the above DDA's Might help!

Do other operator's require the time&the validity if UPC?i had been with my friend to uninor outlet though he didnt get his mobile but he did have the UPC code written in paper to which the person told that he would require time&validity too?Why is this required?

I was informed over phone..that porting has been rejected..haven't received any official sms from 1900 stating the same. Went to idea store,they say its the same problem with other operators...told me to wait and watch until the 7 day period.

Mobile Number Portability should have been handled by trai, rather than the host operator. Now they are misusing it as per their convenience.

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide your cellular number for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our Customer care centre - details updated on Idea website. !DEA - An !dea can change your life....

Regards, Ideacellular