Loop To Idea mobile number portability on prepaid rejected due to Lifetime validity!!

realmccool

[OP]
Sep 13, 2008
I had requested for Mobile Number Portability from loop to idea 3 days ago. I filled up all details on the Mobile Number Portability form correctly. Got a call this afternoon from Loop mobile,the representative said "Sir,yr request for Mobile Number Portability has been denied as your sim card is having lifetime validity" I argued that as per TRAI rules there is no where mentioned that lifetime users cannot port-out besides all sim cards today have lifetime validity .What rubbish is this ,probably a cheap move to retain customer base..I believe its illegal to do so.:madness:Have any of u experienced the same ?

tech_help

Regular
Regulars
Nov 22, 2007
Delhi
go & shout in their store and be firm that you want to port

realmccool

[OP]
Sep 13, 2008
I was informed over phone..that porting has been rejected..haven't received any official sms from 1900 stating the same. Went to idea store,they say its the same problem with other operators...told me to wait and watch until the 7 day period.Mobile Number Portability should have been handled by trai, rather than the host operator. Now they are misusing it as per their convenience.

mnreddy

Regulars
Jul 19, 2007
I had requested for Mobile Number Portability from loop to idea 3 days ago. I filled up all details on the Mobile Number Portability form correctly. Got a call this afternoon from Loop mobile,the representative said "Sir,yr request for Mobile Number Portability has been denied as your sim card is having lifetime validity" I argued that as per TRAI rules there is no where mentioned that lifetime users cannot port-out besides all sim cards today have lifetime validity .

What rubbish is this ,probably a cheap move to retain customer base..I believe its illegal to do so.:madness:

Have any of u experienced the same ?

please complain to DOT TERM CELLS: http://dotosp.gov.in/OSP_files//termcellContactDetails.pdf

dsneih

da Mafia
Regulars
Aug 14, 2008
Mumbai
so now they got new reason of lifetime validity .. i wonder if there is any one who is not opted for the same ..need to raise the same with TRAI .. for more clear picture on this...

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
how hard is it to disconnect from lifetime connection? a specific recharge of a small value?

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
You cant. Any validity recharge for lifetime gets converted to FULL TALK TIME. i.e. no increase/decrease in validityIn short lifetime cant be undone.(except that u dont recharge it for 6 months..but in that case u will lose the number and Mobile Number Portability makes no sense!)

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
hah. i assume that most of the new prepaid subscribers are signed up to lifetime packages. not by default though. i recharged with a specific account on my new airtel connection to make it a lifetime one.

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
there are some specific recharrges available to convert to limited validity.Other simple option is to convert it to postpaid & then back to whichever validity you need !