Looks like I just did something stupid

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I had purchased a Vodafone prepaid connection last week. Two guys came to my place today to verify the account. They asked me for a photocopy of an ID Card. And I gave them. And I just realized that it was a stupid thing to do. They can actually activate new SIMs using the document I just gave them. :confused: Freaking stupid on my part. Just saying. :(

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
They visited your place to verify stuff?..that's quite strange.I have purchased connections that got activated in just 1-2 hours of purchase :confused:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
connections are activated instantly. but folks visit your place to verify that you actually live at the address that is connected to the connection. and if the verification is not done, connection usually gets disabled.

Samuel

Regulars
Nov 7, 2010
Delhi/NCR
I have never seen that happen actually.If there is any issue with the documents or verification.I either get a message or a call to re-submit the documents with in 72 hours.

kickass

Super Adm1n
Regulars
Oct 3, 2011
Mumbai
i took at vodafone connection couple of months bck. no one came to verify at my place.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
well no one usually does. it is a formality required by TRAI and few operators do it seriously. that is why i am sort of feeling idiotic to have given them the documentation.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
they were from vodafone right? not the shop you bought the SIM from, so why would they give others connection in your name.

kickass

Super Adm1n
Regulars
Oct 3, 2011
Mumbai
well no one usually does. it is a formality required by TRAI and few operators do it seriously.

that is why i am sort of feeling idiotic to have given them the documentation.
nxt time before handing over any xerox copies always sign across the area where ur name is. that way no one can misuse it coz sign will be a mismatch on the xerox and application form.
if u sign on the blank area they can tear it off.