Looking to move to Airtel from BSNL, what plan should i get ?

• Thread starter Thread starter rsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,343

rsen

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
I've been using BSNL Home 1000 for about a year but I've been very disappointed with the quality of service in the last 4-5 months - horribly fluctuating latencies, extreme congestion during peak India/US/Australia hours (i.e. 4-5 times a day), packet loss, frequent outages etc.I'm looking to move to Airtel but I'm totally confused by what plan would be close to what I'm using right now: Home 1000~2-2.5 Mbpsunlimited download between 2am-8am (of which 2am-3:30am and 6am-8am are extremely congested most days)5 GB daytime limit (0.70 rs per mb penalty after that)So basically I schedule big downloads (movies, tv serials, games, software, updates etc) during the night; and use the internet mostly casually during the day (say just around 5.5-6.5GB total over a month for daytime usage)Any advice guys ?

:redface: u wont be able to download that much with airtel .They now have FUP on most plans they have so be careful to look at those in notes section, at the bottom of every plan.U should might wanna try relience if u want unlimited downloads since they have no fup right now .

Now is not the right time to migrate to Airtel. Stick with BSNL for a few more months. Maybe Airtel will clean all the mess that they have made till then.

I too am looking forward to get an Airtel plan from BSNL 750 UL but people here depress me :\

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

the mess he is talking about is the implementation of FUP in most of their unlimited plans.

the mess he is talking about is the implementation of Fair Usage Policy in most of their unlimited plans.

Airtel currently Doesn't have a truly unlimited Plan expect if ur ok with 256kps !!!!

The max FUP is 20gb !!!