Looking to get Tata Play 1 Gbps connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,297

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉
Hello, I am new to this forum and I am sorry if I make any mistakes. I have read the policies here.
Anyways,

Tata Play is available in my area and I am thinking to take it's 1 Gbps connection. I have other options too such as Jio, Airtel but I think tata is great for me.

I will get the 1 Gbps 1 year plan and after 1 year I am probably gonna go with their 500 Mbps plan.
I am a content creator and need to upload daily 30-40 GB of videos along with 4K streaming and a lot of heavy downloads. Let me know about Pings, Downtimes, Customer Support etc. On 1 Gbps plan.

I might have gone with airtel but they don't have any plan between 1 Gbps and 300 Mbps. I hate jio because of their 95% of actual speed giving cheap trick.

Let me know the pros & cons of Tata. Will I get around 700-900 Mbps international bandwidth? What about upload?

Airtel vs Tata Play on 1 Gbps connection?

If I were you I would not pay for 1 year in advance.

Try the 1 gbps plan for maybe 1 month then if it works well you can take long term packages.

@havoc I agree with @vishalrao . Dont pay upfront for 1 year. Try for a month and decide. I say this from experience with both TPBB and Airtel. I didnt get 1 Gbps no matter what I tried and they blamed it on my PC, network card, network cable etc. The Airtel guy was more honest..he said just go back to 300 because 1 gig is difficult in my area of the city.

If your only reason for not going with Jio is the 95% speed crap, then think twice. For speeds as high as 1Gbps, you'd hardly notice any difference, plus for all ISP's the highest you'll get would range between 900-978Mbps.
For international transfers things would vary a lot and the longer the distance more your speed will degrade, your best bet would be to get a 1 month trial with all ISPs and be the judge yourself.