Looking to buy a new 40 or 42" 3d LED TV, Brand doesnt matter, Budget >70k and <1 lac

• Thread starter Thread starter droidsuree
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,533

droidsuree

Confused!
ISP
Airtel 2mbps UL
Am looking to buy an 3d LED TV, and I would appreciate it if someone here could help me decide.What are the things I must be looking for, like how many HDMI ports/how many frames/ Hz motion flow etc...Or is it better to wait? and I wear prescription glasses, so can I wear 3d glasses on top of that?Thank you.

you can get a 46-47" 3d led tv from Croma for less that a lakh. They are always offering good deals. Go there. And you can wear the 3d glasses on top of your prescription glasses. Alternatively you can wear contact lenses.

heh. i have to wear 3D glasses over my prescription glasses at movies. it is weird. and painful on the nose.

----------

some companies make custom 3D glasses with prescriptions i have read. but i doubt they are available here in india.

1st gen anaglyph 3d tvs are 120hz so they provide 60hz pictures to each eye (red cyan technology). The underlying technology ie panel type, led backlighting, 3d implementation is more important. Latest gen ones use shutter glasses (like the technology in PVR) and have a much result. But are quite expensive. 3d tvs arnt matured enough and hence most models factor in bleeding edge tax.I think autostereoscopic tvs which produce the 3d effect without glasses like the Nintendo 3ds handheld will be available next year.

Thanks for your opinions Tushar, Admin and Sufi..

Have narrowed down on LG 42LW6500 The Next Generation 3D TV_42LW6500 - LG Electronics IN and Samsung UA40D6600WR Design to deliver a world of possibilities - UA40D6600WR - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG

But LG seem to have HMDI 1.3 (deep color) whereas Samsung has HDMI 1.4 which I feel is more future proof since it offers higher resolutions than 1080p for future use!

Suggestions appreciated as usual!

Thanks

----------

@ Sufi, The thing is with stereoscopic 3d, we would still need to maintain an angle as per some CES 2011 videos which I saw.. plus I feel 3d LED tv's have been around for sometime now and seem affordable..