• Thread starter Thread starter IBFUser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,949

IBFUser

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Friend is coming over from US on 19th Dec. I am looking for two Full HD Laptop(1920x1080) as i am done with standard 1366x768 resolution. Also dont want big screen (16 +) as that will make lappy heavy. So 15.6 is in my mind. Also i dont need much power for this lappy, i3 second gen with 6-8gig ram should be enough.Budget around $1000. Recommendations Please.

I am not interested much in laptops & dont understand many technical specifications. If u looking for entertainment then go to toshiba 3d laptob (Sachin Tendulakar ambessador & refer the ad by him instead of suggested brand name. I think its toshiba). 3d glassless laptop.

Dell has really good full HD machines if you are interested. Don't remember the model numbers, but check out their site

Dont like Dell. their build quality sucks. I think i will have to customize the lappy as not many choice are available in ready to ship models with full hd screen. having a look at thinkpad series now. hope i find something there.

Not a big fan of Dell either, but since you mentioned full HD, they are the only ones, apart from Asus, which offers excellent full HD screens

Yup, i forgot about Asus. thanks for reminding 🙂

Dont like Dell. their build quality sucks. I think i will have to customize the lappy as not many choice are available in ready to ship models with full hd screen. having a look at thinkpad series now. hope i find something there.

If you customize a laptop, the delivery will be very late. I think min of 15 days...

I have been facing flickers and limited viewing problems ever since i bought my 3D TV. Must have been waited a little longer for the new FPR and IPS technology.

Finally got myself Lenovo Thinkpad T520 with 15.6 screen and full hd resolution. costed $1250 but the build quality is totally awsome. i have always liked lenovo build quality but this is my first thinkpad purchase and its just great. comes with second gen i3-2350, 8gig ram, and docking station port. screen is antiglare and treat to look at.well, i'm sure i m not going back to 1366x768 resolution. 😀

wait till you get used to 2560x1440 resolution. my life is ruined because of what i am using currently.

well i'd sure like to move to that resolution but i dont think laptops come with any higher resolution that 1920x1080(i may be wrong though) and i cant work on desktops and also cant carry laptop bigger than 15.6 in size. also any higher resolution in 15.6, i m sure i'll need magnifying class to read the contents 😀