Long time to connect to net in wan dialer mode

• Thread starter Thread starter blntechie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,738

blntechie

ISP
Dataone
I'm experiencing this problem for past one year with Dataone. I was using Dataone as it was setup by BSNL staff for past one year. I connect to dataone by dialing using a wan miniport dialer. One problem i always had from the start is that it takes a very long time to connect. i.e i have to wait for atleast 10 mins after switching on the modem to connect to internet. When i try connecting before it says an error like "remote server not responding" after trying like "Connecting though WAN(pppoe)". I was fed up with that and changed modem settings to "pppoe" always on mode as i read here and it now connects as soon as i boot up my modem(but im reverting back to dialer as i have speed issues as i described in my another thread). Why this is not working in dialer mode alone? I was thinking that its the normal time it takes the modem to boot up as two of my friends also wait for atleast 10 mis to connect to net. Router is UT300R2U and from this forum i came to know that this modem has some issues. But this delay in connecting is unacceptable. If i have to tweak or modify any settings to make it better please let me know. One point to note here is that it takes the same time to connect using pppoe dialer in ubuntu.(may be some 2 mins earlier than in xp).

Use1) VPI = 0; VCI = 32and2) VPI = 0; VCI = 35both bridged at the same time. Remove all others. This might fix your problem. It worked in my case. 🙂

BSNL has advised users to try "always on " mode for this particular modem.Anyway see this link to check your settings.wiki.broadbandforum.co/Ut_300r2uPost screenshot of the Device status page as there are two models.

@iChaitanya,I tried your step and it didnt worked out.(Indeed it didnt connected to net.may be due to the changes i have made as per the discussion in my other thread.If that issue sorts out i can confirm your steps too)@essbebe,I will try to post some screen shots this weekend as like i have mentioned in my other thread